Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Positive



Well people, after three negative pregnancy tests, it turns out I am pregnant after all. Man, all this up and down stuff has really been playing with my emotions. It was cute and exciting at first. Now I am thinking "What have we done?" I know that is just a stage. Don't get me wrong, I am actually very excited. But I am nervous about announcing it so soon. I just knew that we could not keep it from Emma even if we tried. That girl has a knack for knowing every one's business. And once we told our kids it would be out in a flash. So, we are announcing it with me being only 5 weeks along.



Here is how we told the kids:




We called for a family council and asked them what they thought we were going to discuss. They all thought we were going to talk about a summer trip to Cali. Then Eva blurted out, "You're having a baby!" I paused for a minute, trying not to acknowledge what she just said. I mentioned that I actually had some bad news. This bad news would effect either Ben or Ella. I said that one of them is going to have to share a room with a new baby pretty soon.


They all started screaming and shouting for joy. It was a moment I will remember forever. I glanced over at Ben and noticed he wasn't participating. He just had a blank stare on his face. I asked him what he was thinking and he proceeded to tell us with a heavy, quivering lip. "What if it's another girl?"


I told him that was a possibility, but to think about Beau. Beau is his cousin who has four sisters and no brothers. I reminded Ben that when Beau found out about Sadie being a girl he cried and cried and was heartbroken. But now he loves Sadie and wouldn't trade her for anything. If it is a girl, at least he'll have Beau to lean on.


Ella has already told me her opinions for names if it's a girl. Brittany or Ethany. I am surprised her choices aren't Kaypree or Kaisha.


Emma's hoping for either twins or a baby with special needs.


Eva just can't stop smiling and saying "I can't believe your pregnant!"


Lee, of course, is THRILLED!


Now, I just have to wrap my mind around the fact that it is going to be a Christmas baby...

20 comments:

Danika said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope you are feeling well. Too funny what Ben said...

Jewels said...

Oh my heck...Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you guys!! Your timing couldn't be more perfect for free stuff too. We are done after this baby (at least we think we are)-as you know these things may change!! But, regardless I am getting rid of everything as this baby is done so if you want our swing, bouncers, carseats, etc, they are totally yours. Good Luck and Congrats!!

Julie said...

Yippee!! Gavin wanted a Down's Syndrome, African American boy as our last baby...one out of three was all I could give him!

Shea had the same feelings about the possibility of another boy. Regardless of what your baby turns out to be, he'll love it...even if it is a GIRL!

Congratulations! You and Lee are amazing parents. I'm excited for a new niece or nephew!

(So, what about that summer-time trip to Cali that you mentioned???)

Cheryl said...

Yay!! We are all so happy for you guys. Made me want to cry remembering Beau and thinking of Ben's fears. But it really does work out in the end. Beau has loved her from the start!

Lara said...

Jewels,
I would take anything you are willing to give! It is quite overwhelming thinking of all the purchases we may need to be making. You are very kind and generous...a lifesaver, really. Thank you!

Ashley said...

Congrats!! Bro. Z told us last night at YW and we were all shocked and EXCITED!! I hope you are feeling well :) Yipee for the Ziebarths!

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

The grandparents say congrats toooo! We never care what it is, just that all goes well. We love you all.

Shill and Company said...

Hooray for the Ziebarth family! We love each one of your little ones, and can't wait to meet another! I am happy that it happened fast for you. Congratulations my friend!

Jim and Jess said...

What exciting news!!!! So happy for you all! You guys are such great parents, I'm glad you're adding another to the family! :)

Anonymous said...

I have my fingers crossed for a boy for Ben. I'm sure he would love to have a little brother. :)

Emma said...

I am SOOOOOOO excited! I REALLY don't care if it is a boy or a girl! It was so sad when Ben asked," What if it is another girl?" I can't wait even though it is not due until December.

Kasey said...

Congrats Lara! Awesome news for you guys!

Laura said...

Oh happy day, I am SO excited for you Lara.

Mechelle said...

Big congrats!!

Lauren said...

Congratulations!!! and the best of Luck in the coming months. We're so excited for you!

Hydes said...

This is Melissa Hyde I came across your blog and I am so excited for you and your sweet family. CONGRATS!!!!

Allen's said...

Hooray! I am so excited for you guys over there! Let me know if you need anything!

melissa said...

LARA???? How exciting. You are the best mom, this new little one has got it made. Congratulations!! I hope you are feeling well. Let me know if I can do anything.

Ange said...

Ditto with the above comment -
You are truly an amazing mom.
And how exciting for your family!
Hooray for positives :)

FarrEver Family said...

Seriously not the week to have missed reading your blog...but even though I may be the last to know, I am very happy for you...and very happy it is not me.
I'm here if you need anything too. Big congratulations!!!
PS do you find out what you are having?