A few months ago Ella started talking about a new girl that she met in baby church (nursery). Her name is Kylee and they always seem to have fun together. She would tell me so many cute things about Kylee and her little brother, Breck. I also heard about Kylee's dog and cat, and that Kylee's room is all purple because that is Kylee's favorite color. I thought I would find out who this Kylee girl is so they could play together during the week. Well, it turns out that there is no Kylee in Ella's baby church and that in fact Kylee is Ella's imaginary friend. Since then she has introduced me to Abby, Kaisha, Froney, Tahlie...I can't remember the names of all the new friends she has. And the things she thinks up about them are hilarious, like how Abby and some of the others live in Tennessee next door to the "dirt man". Every conversation we have involves these friends and I have loved it...until recently. Today Ella really wanted to go play with her imaginary friend, Kaypree. I tried to explain to Ella that I didn't know where Kaypree lived so she couldn't go over there. Of course, Ella responded by telling me that she knows right where Kaypree lives and she would show me. I was at a loss for words. What do you say to that? I thought that this idea would fade but it didn't. Ella kept on insisting that she play at Kaypree's house. So, I decided I would humor her and play along. We got in the car and I let Ella tell me where Kaypree's house is. We came to Kaypree's supposed house and she was totally ready to get out of the car and go up to the door. I had to tell her that I didn't think this was really Kaypree's house and I drove a sad, defeated Ella home. I never thought it would get to this point. What do I do now? Do I keep playing along or am I making things worse? Ella and all of her imaginary friends are so cute and always welcome in our home, that is until she almost walks into a strangers house ready to play with Kaypree.
Goodbye
4 days ago

8 comments:
That is so sweet and very imaginative. I think letting her imagine is good. Maybe you could suggest that her "friends" always come play at your house. Good Luck!
I love that!! Good thing that Kaypree didn't live in Tennessee!! My sister had an imaginary friend, Sella (not Stella...that would be too normal, I guess) Every night at dinner, we heard all about Sella. She had a tragic life, but was a great friend...then one day, she was gone. It's so cute that Ella has all of these friends, but heart breaking at the same time becaue it's so real to her. I can just imagine her disappointment at Kaypree's house and not understanding why you wouldn't let her go play! She's such a cutie!!
My imaginary friend had to stop hanging out with me because his friends didn't believe I was real.
Jokes aside, does a real friend of Ella's live at that house and perhaps she is not quite saying the name right?
Anyways, Ella cracks me up.
Christian - I kind of know who lives at the house and it is definately not anyone Ella knows. Besides Kaypree has now moved to a different house which is a house under construction. :D
I love this post. It is so cute. And the name Kaypree is the best! (: What a sweet, creative little girl Ella is!! Well, coincidentally, Ryan had the kids cracking up 2 nights ago about this guy in jail, when Ryan worked in the jail. He said that before he got on shift he was warned of this guy just screaming and screaming about all of the spiders in his cell. No one could calm the inmate down--until Ryan got on shift that is. Ryan took in his fake bug spray and sprayed all of the spiders dead and then took his fake hose and hosed them down the fake drain. The inmate thanked Ryan over and over and went right to sleep. So just have Uncle Ryan come play with Ella and Kaypree, he's good at pretending, maybe he'll know what to say or do.
You are such a good mom. I wish I had your patience and understanding. I think I'm more of a dream crusher. I love the names Ella gives her friends.
Lara- what a cute story. And little Ella with her cute 'friends', I think I am with the consensus of the group to just let her keep it up. Maybe you could tell her that since you don't know their parents, they need to only have playdates at your house. So sweet though. And I loved hearing about Cheryl's story of Ryan and the inmate. He is a great guy, that Ryan. And PS- LOVE that picture of Ella and her glasses!
Ah, she kills me. The name Kaypree cracks me up. That alone show that she has an incredible imagination. What a silly little girl. I must say that I adore the picture as well!
As far as advice...I HAVE NO IDEA!!! Good luck to you.
Post a Comment