Saturday, October 4, 2008

Here We Go Again


Dance has officially gotten underway and this family is so excited!! Their teacher made sure that Emma and Eva were put with the same group of girls as previous years which we are so thankful for. They have made some great friendships over the years. This year is a little tricky. Emma and Eva's classes are back to back which makes for four straight hours of dance which makes for one long day. Eva is new to ballet this year and is loving every minute of it.


I am so happy to have girls that love to dance. Dance was not something that I was interested in as a girl and looking back I wish I would have been a little more receptive to it. My only memory of dance class was my mom pushing me into a ballet class and quickly closing the door behind me. I had been crying to my mom, begging and pleading for her to take me home but she "paid for the class so I was going". A girl in my class asked me if I had the chicken pox because my face was all blotchy from crying. Like my mom, I decided I would try to put my girls in dance and fortunately they love it and they now have 10 years of dancing experience between the two of them. (Mom, thanks for trying - your efforts finally paid off!)



Our newest dancing princess...

Ella has been waiting her whole life to be able to dance like her big sisters and finally her time had come. We were counting down the days and I was so excited to be able to see her do her thing. I was especially excited because this would be the first year that I could actually watch one of my girls because I don't have any babies distracting the dancers. All through the lesson Ella kept looking back at me, almost like she was bothered that I was there. And sure enough on the drive home Ella said to me, "Mom, next time you can wait for me outside, OK?" So that is what I have been doing, waiting outside because that is what she wants, although my heart follows her in. I guess I really don't care if I have to wait outside. The only thing that matters to me is that she loves it. Every day Ella asks me how many more days until tap. She is definately in her element.


5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Your girls look so cute. And I love seeing Ella in her little dance outfit. That must be hard to wait outside, like you said you could finally sit there in peace, if only she'd let you. But I love that you wrote that your heart follows her in. So sweet!!

Lauren said...

You have such beautiful girls! They look adorable in their dancing outfits.

The Ratchford Family said...

Just realized I copied your blog background. Thought it was cute on the website and thought maybe I have seen that somewhere before. Sorry

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

We look forward to next June for the recital. They are all so cute!

Laura said...

Lara- I left a really long comment the other day on this post and then accidentally pushed backspace-and it disapeared, weird. Anyway, long story short I was just cracking up remembering my only experience as a little girl with a dance class- my mom let me and my sister go to the "free trial class" ... and that was it. Good for you for hanging in there with all those long hours of dance. Your ballerinas are beautiful.