Friday, March 11, 2011

Happenings

Wow, I cannot believe it. I am actually blogging. I just don't know where the time goes these days. Just when I think things cannot get any busier, somehow they do. I am REALLY looking forward to the lazy days of Summer when we'll have more time and less activities to get to. Here are just a few things that have been going on lately...


Ben's 2nd grade class celebrated Chinese New Year by making giant dragons and parading around the school. They all got to take turns being different parts of the dragon. This is a super fun activity that the kids always look forward to.





Emma is now En Pointe in ballet. She has been working very hard these past few weeks. She has received much praise by her teacher. Every week her teacher awards a "bonus five" to students that look like they have been going above and beyond her expectations for them. Emma has been awarded a "Bonus Five" these past two weeks in a row! It is normal for the girls to get awarded a few times a year, but two weeks in a row has never happened to Emma. I am very proud of her and for all of her hard work.



Lee sprained his ankle playing indoor soccer a few weeks back. This picture is what it looked like immediately after the injury. It is nothing compared to what it looked like in the days following. He ended up having ruptured and torn ligaments and a badly bruised bone. It will take months to heal, but we are glad that he is now able to walk around with help from his cute little boot. What I was most thankful for during this time was that Lee could literally lay in bed and still work from home. He would not have been able to go to an office for a few weeks which would have been very hard financially for us.

Ben has been very busy with Karate lately. He was promoted to orange belt a while back and he was even invited to try out for "Black Belt Club" This is an extra class that focuses on leadership training and using weapons. He made the class, got his blue gi, and has loved using the staff, which has been their weapon of choice lately. Recently, he was promoted to purple belt which means he has been able to start sparring. He loves every minute of Karate and I love to see how much he has grown. I have seen such a difference in this kid!


Now if time could just slow down a little...



3 comments:

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

Good to see you are blogging again. Tell Ben we are happy he is doing so well in Karate; he looks so cute and confident. Good job Emma too. Now we have two girls on their toes! Poor Lee will probably be limpy for awhile. Hope he heals fast too.

Danika said...

I have missed your blogging!

Shill and Company said...

POOR LEE! That looks so incredibly painful. I can't even imagine it looking any worse. Ouchy mama!

Emma looks so pretty in her toe shoes. Wow, she is moving on up so quickly. She is a lovely dancer.

So happy that Ben is a part of BBC and back in Ian's regular class. He is so fantastic.