Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Last Days...

...of Cherry Hill are upon us. First school starts and now this? Can it really be time to close for season already?
We sure will miss all the sun-filled days of splashing, laughing, reading and being silly. I had a fifth child this summer. Eva's good friend Natalie came with us just about every time. I was also able to get a lot of reading in while working on my tan. These were my summer reads:
The Count of Monte Cristo - all 1200+ pages - loved loved loved this book!
Austenland - Cute book
Wuthering Heights - didn't finish - too wierd for me
Persuasion (for the 2nd time) - I adored this book all over again - the BBC movie version is just as good as the book

My favorite quote of the summer was from Ella while snuggling up with me in the Lazy River. We were leisurely floating along and she tilted her head back, closed her eyes and said, "This is soooo lazy."

That little quote from Ella pretty much sums up our summer. It was lazy indeed and we loved every minute of it!

4 comments:

Allen's said...

I think we are going to miss it too! I love fall but hate what has to come after it! There is just something so fun about summer!

Shill and Company said...

Very cute picture. I am happy that you guys had such an incredibly fun time at Cherry Hill. I am also very impressed by all of the reading that you did while there. Ella's remark absolutely cracks me up. What a doll!

Cheryl said...

I love this picture!! So cute. I agree with you about Wuthering Heights, you probably made a good choice just putting it down. It pretty much stays weird and depressing the whole way through. I need to read Persuasion, I don't think I ever have!!

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

You had a lot of good memories at Cherry Hill this summer and You have done a lot of reading!!! Good for you.