Friday, August 27, 2010

Last Hurrah

Last weekend we were invited by some friends to go to their AMAZING cabin up in Brighton as a "last hurrah" before school starts. It was very refreshing and a great way to end the summer.

We started off by doing some canoeing.




There were so many little ducklings along the way. They were adorable!



After canoeing we took our little ducklings to the trail that wrapped around the lake for a little hike. I was amazed at the beauty of nature.

The kids all got along so well. They had a great time together.


Emma and Eva couldn't get enough of cute little Lizzie. She was pretty smitten by "the big girls" as well.



Curtis was so cute with the kids. He had a craft for them to make and everything. They worked hard on cute little containers that they could put all of their "special finds" in during our hike the next morning. That's Ella showing off her finished product.




The next morning we set out to hike to Twin Lakes. I think my kids were expecting a hike like the day before, calm and leisurely. This was a little different. Ben, of course was in his element. Ella asked if we could never do this again. Emma and Eva struggled here and there as well. This was definitely the hardest hike they have been on. But it was all worth it when we saw this view...
Oh no, we didn't stop there. We had to keep going to Twin Lake. Again, gorgeous...





I was so proud of my kids. Part of our family motto is "...if it's hard, we can do it!" They sure proved themselves that day.

Thanks to Curtis and Allie for a very fun weekend. We felt one with nature and very appreciative of our surroundings. And best of all, we were with good friends.

4 comments:

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

What a great weekend!! That was a good hike for anyone. Good job kids! Dad and I have been to twin lakes a couple of times. It's usually pretty hot and a lot of mosquitos. (sp?) They have some cap sites too. I hope you didn't have to hike back.

Danika said...

Lagoon and cabins and canoeing...I need some friends like you guys have!

Glad to see you back blogging! :)

Shill and Company said...

Wow, it looks like an incredibly fun time was had by all. I love that area. That's a pretty fantastic way to celebrate the last week before school.

Laura said...

WOW so beautiful!!!