I just couldn't not update you all on the latest chapter of the Morbid Ella saga. I thought we were done with words like "murder" and eating people in our home. Let me tell you how wrong I was.
I'll set the scene for you. We were in the middle of family scripture study the other night. Ella suddenly expressed the desire to want to pick a scripture to read "all by herself". She flipped open to a page that pleased her and attempted to read. Ella is doing great learning her letters and numbers in preschool but hasn't quite tackled reading just yet. Thankfully, Emma was sitting right next to her so when Ella wasn't quite sure what a word said she leaned over for Emma to help her. Emma looked at the word and whispered to Ella, "Murder".
Lee and I immediately looked at each other with wide eyes and the gates of laughter burst open like never before. We verified the page she was on and the word she pointed to. This really happened people! What are the chances that Ella would open to a random page in the Book of Mormon, and point to a random word on that page and that word would be Murder?!?!
Now, I am freaked out more than ever!
3 comments:
That is too strange.
What a funny girl. However, I do think "murder" is actually quite a popular word in the BOM :) :)
I love when my kids need help with the unspeakable words, why does it always seem that when its their turn to read, they get the violent, horrific verses? I guess it adds for good conversation.
That is just creepy!
Post a Comment