The other day Ella said some rather interesting things.
Ella told me of a dream she had where her "friend" was murdered in the forest by axe wielding Indians. First of all, where did she ever hear the word "murder"? Second, why in the world is she thinking of such awful things?
That same day I made Ella a sandwich and cut it into four squares the way she likes it. As she picked up the first square she said, "Who was mean to me first? Oh yeah, I'll eat Emma first." Second was Eva. I thought third was going to be Ben but I was wrong. That would have been way too easy. As she was going for the third piece of her sandwich she stated, "Next is me because I always slap myself and it hurts."
Ella's morbidity thankfully lasted that day only, but days later I am still left wondering what in the world goes on in that girl's mind? Truthfully, I must confess that I think she gets it from me.
I remember telling some interesting stories in my day. When I was in first or second grade during show and tell I told the class that my Grandpa who had died was buried in the cemetery across the street from our school and his ghost came and visited me during recess. I had interesting stories for my class every week and my teacher was always so good about it.
So, I guess I shouldn't be surprised when I hear Ella's imagination at work. Maybe I am not surprised, but I am certainly entertained.
4 comments:
I am surprised that I never heard about those stories from your teacher. I can't believe she or he never asked me about them. Kids do say the wierdest things sometimes. You should keep a diary of these things. It may help them in future years when life comes full circle.
I think I would sleep with one eye open!! She is seriously such a little ham, so adorable!
HHAAHA! Drew & I were DYING!
My oh my. That silly Ella. She makes me laugh so hard. LOVE HER!
Post a Comment