Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I'm Alive

I can't believe it but I actually got my 3 remaining wisdom teeth pulled...and survived! Aside from really wanting crunchy food, I am doing great. What was I so afraid of? I went to sleep in the chair and when I woke up I had three less teeth. Go figure. I have had no swelling and no pain. It really couldn't have gone any smoother.

I was so terrified the night before. I started thinking of all the ways I could get out of it. Then I would remember the pain I had been having and all the gagging I was doing trying to brush those cotton pickin teeth.

I decided at the last minute, I would be brave just like my kids had been and just do it. There was a tiny part of me however, that was convinced I was going to my grave.

But I didn't, and now I am celebrating the conquering of one more fear. My kids want me to put the teeth under my pillow to see how much money the Tooth Fairy leaves me. I think I will do just that.

10 comments:

Danika said...

Glad you survived!

Mechelle said...

Did they really give you the teeth?

Great job on being brave!!

Jewels said...

Congratulations you big girl you!!!

Ashley said...

ohh...i knew you could do it...by the way, great lookin' whites :)

Allen's said...

I am so glad that you survived. Mine were a bit of a nightmare, so I am glad yours has gone smoothly! Call if you need anything!

Cheryl said...

Aww, and you got a nice sleep out of it! How much money did you get?

Ange said...

WHEW!!!!
You DID IT! Way to be brave :)

Lauren said...

Wahoo! You are finished!

Laura said...

Oh I hope you get lots of money.
No swelling or pain? You are so lucky! Glad it all went well :)

mandi said...

those are some huge nasty suckers!! Congratulations on the drug induced nap too. You've got to ride the high of that success for as long as you can! (we all knew you could do it)