I am sick.
Fevers.
Raw nose.
Voice...gone.
Cough...definately not gone.
It's no fun being sick.
While we were driving back from Cali I could feel it coming on. The next day it reared it's ugly head and has been wreaking havoc on me ever since.
It's been four days since we have been home and I haven't unpacked.
I haven't even done the dishes. Ben told me this morning the dishes smell really bad. Sorry bud.
Lee has been trying so hard to pick up my slack. I love him for it. It's times like these when I realize just how lucky I am to have him, even if he doesn't want to sleep in the same bed as me. He is my Prince Charming.
But we all know the family doesn't run nearly as smooth when Dad's in charge.
I realized just how sick I was when I had to run to the store. I hadn't put on a stitch of makeup, I hadn't run a brush through my hair, I wasn't even wearing a bra. I know one day I will be mortified thinking back to that, but right now I could care less.
Yesterday, Ella played Polly Pockets for two hours by herself next to my bed while I slept. I feel like a real winner for that one. I have the most patient, understanding children. I love them.
Thank you T and C for the yummy dinners. You saved the day.
I am hoping that the worst is in the past and soon enough I will be back to my old self. But as for now, I need to go lay down...
Goodbye
4 days ago
10 comments:
I wish I lived closer to all you kids and your families, so I could be more help! It's depressing that we have to work too, and that gets in the way of helping our kids. Hope you better fast!
Oh no Lara!! What a bummer way to end a vacation. I am so sorry!! It is so hard to have sick kids but it is definately the worst when Mom is sick! I hope you feel better soon!
Oh Lara, I am so sorry to hear that you are so ill! You sound miserable. Please don't worry about watching Gavin on Monday. I will make other arrangements. I hope that by then you will be feeling much better and can just relax and try to regain your strength.
Oh Lara! I dearly hope you get feeling better soon. It the worst when the Mom gets sick.
Next time CALL ME- I love to make store runs for people (and I always wear a bra). let me be your personal shopper please. lease please, please, please
Woman - why didn't you call me?? Don't go to the store sick!! I stocked up on the following a week ago:
sanitizer
disinfectant wipes
chick noodle soup
gingerale
kleenex
lysol spray
What can I bring you??? Can I take Ella for you on Monday?
Just FYI - those were my friends symptoms and they tested positive for the swine flu. Apparently there is really no puking with it, which surprised me a little. The Dr told her that 95% of the people complaining about cough, fever, and runny nose tested positive for the swine flu. He said so many people have it right now and they don't even know it. In fact at Mckay Dee if you go in with those symptoms they aren't even testing it anymore (unless you are under 4) they just call it the swine flu. My point is, if the kids start with it take them in for the tamiflu mist because her son that got right in and got the mist was only sick for a couple of days as opposed to 10 days or more. I am so sorry you feel yucky! Please feel better and please let me help!! You know Jantz and Ella are so darn cute together!!
You are a dear- don't worry about ella playing pollys for two hours. She won't suffer irreparable psychological damage for it. I promise.
Darn it, I hope you get feeling better soon.
Hey I go to the store looking like that all the time. I think it builds character- or so I tell myself :)
oh no! i hope you feel better. I know how it is but sometimes, it's nice to take a break. But not so nice when you spend that break with the sniffles.
I hope you are feeling better...sounded like a drag!
Post a Comment