Take a good look at this picture. Do you see a pattern?
That's right, holes in the same leg of every pair of pants. I am lucky if Ben has a pair of pants longer than a week before they get a hole in them. In fact I should just add a new pair of pants to my ongoing weekly grocery list. What to do. I could tell him to stop playing so hard. But isn't that pretty much the same thing as telling him to stop having fun? Does anyone out there feel my frustration?
10 comments:
See if you can find any spiderman knee patches. That's what I would do! He's a boy and that's what they do best.
YES! I feel your pain and frustration! Sam does the same thing! Pants and socks seem to be quite disposable with him! My sis-in-law told me that ShopKo has a policy on certain jeans that will replace them if they wear a hole in them before they grow out of them...I need to look into that!
This is why I love blogging! It helps me know that I'm not alone in my issues...
Just be glad you only have ONE boy. Last "winter" (if you can call it that here) in a month my boys tore holes in SEVEN pairs of pants.
I tried the iron-on patches - they didn't work at all. And I'm not a seamstress.
I think Sears has the "wear it out before you outgrow it" replacement policy too - if you guys have a Sears there.
I used to iron a patch on the inside of new jeans in the cursed spot to help them last a little longer. Now it is socks - they look like Swiss cheese in about a week!
That's pretty funny. Thomas does have a couple pairs that have holes in the knee. Old Navy seems to work pretty good, but maybe all the above pictured jeans are from Old Navy.
Someone else made a comment about Sears, I too have heard they'll replace them.
Yup, us too. Both boys put holes in the same knee. I'm just glad that we are heading into "shorts" weather. Then I guess we will be stocking up on band-aids instead of pants.
that's insane!! Is this what I have to look forward to? I think shopko has the guarantee too.
How funny!! I wonder why it's always the same knee! Does he play catcher in baseball or something??
Boys will be boys....
Isn't is the truth?
It's either they keep wearing them out, or they grow out of them WAY too fast!
Oh do I ever feel your frustration! My mother-in-law told me to put on patches on the inside pants where the knees are to prevent holes from happening. It is a good suggestion, but have I done it yet? ah NO.
Post a Comment