Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Oh Nine

Elder Holland's conference talk on the Atonement has been on my mind this Easter season. I am so thankful for his words and for him helping us get into the proper spirit for Easter.
There are some traditions that aren't quite as meaningful as remembering why we celebrate Easter, but they are fun nonetheless. I love to get new outfits for the kids. On Easter morning, after checking the loot the Easter Bunny left, I got them all dolled up for church and off we went, pausing for a quick photo opp on the way out.

One funny side note: It takes a while to curl three girls' heads of hair and I think Ben was getting a little bored. So to pass the time he decided to take on the alter ego, Underwear Man. He launched his underwear at us as we were trying to get ready.
After a great morning of remembering what the true meaning of Easter is all about, Lee had to finish up a few things at church so I decided to quickly take the kids over to the park for a few pictures...




As soon as Lee finished his bishopric duties we changed and were off to Grammies and Papa Rex's for their famous Easter egg hunt and feast. Every year the amount of eggs being hidden increases. I think this year we surpassed 300 eggs! Thank goodness Ryan and Cheryl and the kids were there to help find them all. And as always I took a million pictures. These are some of my faves...



Beau

Livia



Tess




Tess





Beau and Ben


This picture is definately telling a story. Ella is so happy with her finds that she is oblivious that Livia is being attacked by a wasp in the background. Thankfully no stings.



Tayli and Emma


I thought Ryan looked super macho holding this Easter basket. I just had to snap a photo.




We had such a nice time this Easter! We had great food, family and fun. What more could we have asked for?

11 comments:

Donahoe Family said...

The pictures you took of the kids in their Easter outfits are adorable! Abby felt bad that we didn't get a pic of her and Emma together - we will have to get one sometime - we love Emma so much! Glad you had a great Easter!!

Donahoe Family said...

Oh - I forgot - I love Ben's new alter ego! That kid has the best personality!!

Danika said...

Great photos of your kids! And please tell your parents hello from me!

Laura said...

Very cute. It's fun to see you together with Ryan and his family. Lara, you did a great job getting your kids easter-coordinated. I know that is a lot of work! Eve was looking at your blog with me and pointed to Ella and said, "mom, is that me?" I thought that was cute.
Happy Easter!

Mechelle said...

Good pictures, you should go into business!

Lauren said...

Ben's "alter ego" picture is priceless. That is going to be great blackmail when he is older. (I think we enjoyed showing by sisters boyfriends the picture of her in her wonder woman underoos, she was 4 at the time, a little too much.)

Your easter pictures are wonderful. I love their easter outfits.

ChristianZ said...

The Elder Holland video turned out to be the most viewed viral video on the entire Internet over the weekend.

http://ldsliving.com/article/115195/

Jewels said...

What a fun Easter you had!! When your cute family walked into church on Sunday I had to do a triple take, they are absolutely adorable!! I am SO impressed with the curling of the hair by 9am, I only have to get 3 boys ready and it is quite the task!

Anonymous said...

You all looked so pretty (and handsome for Ben) on Easter Sunday! The Easter Egg Hunt sounds very fun.

I love you all, Nani

mandi said...

I cannot believe how big the kids all are! Ben is definitely Lee's boy. That dad's got to be proud!! I love the color effects of your pics!! and, the girls dresses are darling! did you sew??

Shill and Company said...

The kids look so fabulous in their Easter outfits, and your photographs of them are fantastic. So lovely.
Looks like a great time was had by all!