Saturday, April 11, 2009

New Look

For the past few months Emma and Eva have been begging me to give them a "New Look" in their room. They have been wanting something older looking, yet fun. They also have been wanting to share my old Queen size bed. I thought repainting and getting an inexpensive new comforter for my old bed would be a cheap way to give them a new look. This is their room "Before"...






And this is their room "After"...

Well it is not perfect. Painting polka dots was a lot harder than I thought, but the girls love it and so do I. I think I fulfilled their wish for an older, yet fun look. I love seeing their smiling faces when they enter their new room. The only bummer is that when we went to bring up the headboard and footboard the frame was missing, nowhere to be found. So for now they will have to sleep frameless. We also just need to add some pictures on the wall and the girls will have the santuary of their dreams.

14 comments:

Emma said...

Thanks You So Much! I Love You!

Mara said...

WOW! That looks amazing, like out of a magazine. You did a great job and the room looks totally different

Lauren said...

Super Cute! I think it looks awesome. Way to go Lara!

Danika said...

You did such a great job - I love seeing BEFORE & AFTER photos - it's so rewarding. The bright colors are awesome!

Jewels said...

How Fun and Darling!!! I bet they are in heaven and I am so impressed with your painting skills!

Ange said...

I ditto what everyone else has said....IT LOOKS AWESOME!
The dark brown and Bright pink remind me of my Emma's bedroom colors! ....and you FREE HANDED the circles - that's AMAZING!
It looks great!

melissa said...

I'm amazed that you did the dots by yourself too. I assumed they were vinyl. What lucky girls.

Mechelle said...

What a fun room. Where did you get their old beds? I have wanted a iron bed for Haz and they are nowhere to be found.

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

Great Job! The girls will love it for a long while. I may have to have you do some painting at my house.

ChristianZ said...

Ty Pennington, eat your heart out!

Allen's said...

Way to go...it looks fabulous! I am in need of some color around here. You are inspiring me to do something about it!

mandi said...

I love both rooms!!

Laura said...

LARA! You did great! Truly, before I scrolled down I thought the blue room was the "after"... I thought it was really cute. And then I scrolled further and saw the polka dots. I'm very impressed!

Shill and Company said...

Ooh, that fits their personalities so well. I absolutely love it! No wonder it took you while to paint their room. Such fun. Bravo Miss Lara. My walls are an empty canvas for you to work your magic.