I think that Miss Manners needs to pay this family a little visit. Yesterday we had dinner with my parents. My mom took the time to prepare this amazing meal for us and we all sat down to eat. My dad proceeded to say a nice blessing on the food as Ella proceded to belch as loudly as she could. As if that wasn't mortifying enough, as we started enjoying our food Ben yelled, "What the H***?" It caught us so off guard, we weren't really sure what to do but what I was thinking was, "Where the H*** did he learn that?"
Every week in church Ella wants to be a big girl and pass the sacrament trays to the next people. Well today, as she was leaning over to reach the people sitting next to us she passed gas, some rather loud gas at that. And both times! Emma tried to tell her not to do it again and she replied, "It's unexpectable!". In a room where you could practically hear a pin drop I started laughing so hard that I couldn't control myself. Unexpectable!? Where did she get that word? I was shaking and crying hysterically and my face was bright red. I was trying so hard to contain myself that I began to sweat rather profusely. Of course Ben noticed and yelled, "Mom, you are sweating!"
Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, I was able to regain my composure. I hoped nobody noticed but that was wishful thinking. After the meeting concluded people started coming up to me asking me if I was alright. I think some thought I was having an emotional breakdown and some confessed they couldn't help but join in the laughter.
Over the weekend this families manners went out the window and we had a H*** of a good time in the process!
10 comments:
Ha ha ha! I had such a good laugh watching you and Emma shaking uncontrollably in front of me today! Thanks for adding a little excitement to the meeting!! P.S. some days manners are thrown out the window at our house too. And as you noticed I used the H word too in a post this week on my blog. However, I am not as polite as you - no *** 's here! :)
What an awesome chain of events! Those situations are classic...I am glad you can laugh about them!
You guys are so funny! I would have loved to witness all of the sacrament meeting mayhem! I love to hear stories like this because it makes me realize we are all human, and some days the human side of us shows more than others.
The phrase "What the H***!" seems to be going around the kindergarten. This is also Connor's new phrase although he uses 'heck' instead of the H-E-double hockey sticks. I have no idea where it comes from. That isn't a phrase that Jeremy and I use, and I definitely can't see Mrs. Stanford use it. Who knows where they've picked it up.
That's awesome! And makes us all feel a little better, I think.
We occasionally will have musical arm-fart contests (just for the record....I do NOT join in on these)....
and sounds DO 'happen to escape' every which part of the body (that's what our kids say..).
If it makes you feel any better, we weren't too far behind you in church, and I was completely oblivious that anything was going on up there. :)
Kids can say the funniest things, and of course they say them when it would be the most embarassing to us. We all know you do not use that kind of language at home, and I don't thing Ben will again after your threat to wash out his mouth with soap. As for Ella and her bum berps, I am afraid you haven't heard the last of that type of behavior in your family. Why should you be so lucky, we had to put up with that occasionally into the teenage years at our house, if you can remember that.
I must say that playing the organ has it perks, you get to look out on everybody and witness some interesting behavior! I must also say that I think in all my years of sitting on the stand yesterday topped all! You were hilarious, thanks for making my day!! As for Ben, maybe it is a Kindergarten thing! Cameron has picked up a liking for the D word, unfortunately I can probably take the blame!! Oh the joys of children!!
Awesome story. I wish I would have been close enough to you in the chapel to witness. I am cursed with uncontrollable laughter as well. Just be glad you were just laughing in church and not the temple like me.
I am busting a gut! What a funny story and you tell it so well. I will for sure move up a couple of benches next Sunday to get the full experience! I could "pass" on the smell though:0
Never a dull moment with the Ziebarth family. You had me laughing out loud on this one!!!
That is hilarious! Kids! Our Thomas will always announce loudly during sacrament meeting that everyone's breath stinks... that's always fun.
Post a Comment