I must confess that for the longest time I have been so incredibly envious of a certain type of person. Ever since I was little I have longed to be like them. I have tried, oh how I have tried to be this type of person but to no avail. I think it is time for me to realize I will never become one of them. This type of person is...the Silent Sneezer.
I was sitting next to someone (who shall remain nameless) at church on Sunday. As I was talking to her she paused, bowed her head, touched her nose and then twitched. That was it. That was her sneeze. It was the most quiet sneeze I have ever heard! How come I can't be that way?! My sneezes are so loud and powerful, I swear the Earth shakes. But not only are they loud and powerful, I feel like I need a shower afterwards. Actually, I feel like I just got a shower and gave everyone who happened to be sitting by me a shower.
Like I have said, I have tried my whole life to become a Silent Sneezer. I just can't do it. I think that either you've got it or you don't. Unfortunately I don't but for those of you who do, you don't know how lucky you are!!
16 comments:
Here is one of my favorite new quotes, I can't remember it word for word, but it goes something like this: "Be the best you that you can be. Everyone else is already taken." SNEEZE ON!!
You are so funny Lara!! I must say I am neither a Silent Sneezer or an Earth Shaker but I can not sneeze just once, it is always a double or triple sneeze!! Thanks for the laugh!
I LOVE you! I am a huge sneezer too and I hate it. Especially in church- just sitting there trying to be quiet and then HARPOOOON! So embarasing. I try to be quiet too but I just can't.
Very funny. I can go either way. I can be very quiet in public, but at home I let it all out. That goes with burping as well!
Yah, but the bigger the sneeze the better if feels! AAAachew... aahhhhhhh!
My sneezes fluctuate in intensity.
Funny. Well, I guess I've never thought about it. I just remember in high school whenever anyone sneezed this girl would say, "God bless you." I always thought she was so nice to say that after a sneeze, but still to this day wonder why people say that?
In response to Cheryl's question. I believe the custom of saying "God bless you" comes from a time when it was believed you had a devil inside you and sneezing was a sign of that. People said "God bless you" to drive the evil spirits away. You should look it up, but I remember discussing the phrase in high school. If I remember correctly it seems like the story went something like that.
Lauren,
I'm with you on that one. I remember hearing that same thing. So funny!
Lara you had me laughing on this post. Personally, I am an
" ah ah ah cheeeewwwwwyy"
kind of a sneezer. And I think it rather funny that even when I am all alone ...after sneezing I still ask for pardon, "excuse me".
I love that your sneeze is "powerful". Maybe our sneeze says something about us. Hmmm.
This post is so funny. My dad is a crazy loud sneezer and the older I get the more I sneeze like him. Growing up my grandparents and my aunt lived next door to us and sometimes when my dad would sneeze, my aunt would call from next door to say bless you! So funny!
You come by it naturally. No one in my family could sneeze quietly either. My dad would always sneeze three times. I usually do the minute my face hits a bit of sunshine for some reason.
"I usually do the minute my face hits a bit of sunshine for some reason."
I noticed that happening when I was in second grade. I'd step out of the classroom onto the playground and sneeze a couple times.
Lara, you crack me up, here I can't figure out what to put on my blog sometimes, and you talk about sneezing and are so humorous. Your the best! Looking forward to see what you have on here next.
Katherine
I happen to be a silent sneezer...and that has it's draw-backs as well. Eric (still to this day--14 years later) can't stand it!! He thinks I look like I'm having a stroke or something. He swears it's not good for me!Sometimes, just to make him happy...I let it all out!!! Then I say, "there...that one was for you!!!!"
I have passed my silent sneezing ability on to Shea.
In fact, I just sneezed twice..to myself, of course...and I had to giggle. Maybe I'll let my next one just FLY---just for you. :)
Post a Comment