I do not like snow. There is no sense in sugar coating it. In fact I loathe snow. I actually loved snow...until I had to live in it. I have been trying to convince myself ever since we moved up here that I like it. I don't think it is going to happen. I am ready for Winter to be over and it hasn't even technically started yet. I will tolerate a sledding trip or two for my kids and I may even have fun. But that doesn't change the fact that I would much rather be basking in the sunlight on a beach somewhere else. My list of things that I love about Utah is a long one but you will not find snow on it. If we had just three seasons a year life would be grand. One thing I refuse to do however, is try to convince my children to feel the same way. I want them to be kids and frolick in the cold white stuff as much as they want, even if it urks me to help them on with their clothes and off again...on, off, on, off, on, off! All Winter long I dream of my home town...
Goodbye
4 days ago


5 comments:
Brrrr. I'm with you, Lara. I have never been a fan of the snow. When we lived in AZ I felt much the same way about Summer. When you'd have to keep the AC going in the house through November and then turn it on again in March, I remember cursing the sun on many occasions. I'm not one for extremes-- cold or hot.
I promise to never complain about our "cold" weather ever again!!
Come thaw out at our house anytime you want! We would love it!!
i could never live in the snow. but, if it helps, its not much better here...rainy and freezing!! it's been in the 40's all week!!! I know its not the 20's but still...too cold for this HB girl!!!
Let it snow. . . as long as I can be in front of the fireplace, and do not have to drive in it, or put snow clothes on and take them off a dozen times a day, like you. But It does last too long here!
I couldn't agree more! I hate snow. That's the main reason why we live in AZ now. At least with the heat, you don't have to bundle & unbundle kids and warm up the car and worry about sliding off the roads. Just put on flip flops and crank the A/C!
HB was the best. We were totally spoiled growing up! Wish I could afford to live there now...
Post a Comment