Monday, December 15, 2008

8 Tickles For Eva

Our little D'Eva-D turned eight on Thursday!

One trait of Eva's that stands out above the rest is that she radiates goodness. She has such a pure heart and is such a good example to me. I truly feel honored to be her mother.
On her birthday we all went and got ice cream and did some birthday shopping. There will be more celebrating later on in the week.


The next day, Lee took Eva on a very special daddy-daughter date to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Christmas Special. To quote Lee, it was "Spectacular"! One very cool thing was that they didn't know that President Monson would be there. All of a sudden everyone stood and there he was, The Prophet. I am so glad that Eva got to have such a great experience that she will remember forever.

Eva and Lee walked around Temple Square to see all the beautiful Christmas lights.

The next day, Saturday, Eva was baptized by her daddy and confirmed a member of the Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I am so proud of her and love her immensely. What a wonderful weekend this has been for Eva. My heart is full.

9 comments:

Mechelle said...

How exciting! Congrats Eve!

Donahoe Family said...

Happy Birthday Eva! Dayt and I with Josh and my mom went to the Christmas program on Sunday at the conference center - it really was spectacular! We got to hear some words from President Monson too. Josh was so excited to see the "real" prophet! It really was a good performance. I just wish we could buy it this year instead of waiting until next year.

Anonymous said...

What an angel! Congratulations Eva!

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

We were happy to be with you Eva on your baptism day. We are proud of you.

Laura said...

Very, very sweet. Love that Lee took Eva on that special daddy daughter date (and to see the prophet too!!), and then baptize her the next day. You know she'll remember that time forever. You two are great parents. Keep up the good work!

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday Eva. We love you. What a special day your baptism was. I just felt the spirit so strong when you were baptized. You stood out among the other 4 who were baptized. And the word that came to my mind during your baptism was Pure. You are such a special daughter of Heavenly Father and I am so glad you are in our family. We all love you!

Shill and Company said...

What a beautiful girl is sweet Eva. She is an absolute sweetheart. I am so glad to see that she has had so many wonderful celebrations. What a special birthday she had this year. We wish so badly that we could have attended her baptism. She looks so lovely. Oh, we just love you Eva!

Jewels said...

She looks like she is glowing, what a special day for you guys. Congrats Eva, you look beautiful!!

mandi said...

I'm getting all weepy! Baptism is definitely one of those "bursting with pride" moments for moms! I absolutely love daddy-daughter dates too! There's just something about Daddy and his girls. . .