Friday, October 24, 2008

The Prophet And The Brain

On Monday for Family Home Evening we decided to learn more about our prophet. The kids sing "Follow the Prophet" every week in primary but how much do they really know about Pres. Monson?

As part of family night, we all watched a video about his life. We were all having a nice time. We were feeling the spirit and could tell the kids were as well. Periodically we'd pause the program to answer great questions from the kids like:

"How does Heavenly Father talk to us?" (Eva)
or
"How do you know when you receive a prompting from the spirit?" (Emma)

I loved that the kids were actually listening AND learning. It was a great moment for all of us. Ben had a question next, so Lee paused the program so we could hear what he had to say. His question was:

"If you take out your brain will it drip?"

I guess Ben wasn't feeling it quite like the rest of us! I sure love that boy!

7 comments:

Mechelle said...

That is way funny, Lara! Welcome to the mind of a boy;)

Cheryl said...

Oh that is the funniest thing ever. I love it!!!!

Mara said...

I read this out loud to Kelly and I'm laughing so hard I can't even get the whole thing out. Ben is so funny.

Laura said...

Ok, fun picture at the top of your blog, Lara. So cute.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! i love the randomness of it!

Shill and Company said...

That one made me laugh out loud! Funny how his mind got to thinking about something like that so unrelated to the topic being discussed. Got to love him.

mandi said...

Yeah, the girls are sweet and all, but Ben is the fun!