Monday, October 27, 2008

"Focus On The Family"

On Saturday, this family took a much needed break from Life and spent a few hours at the park together. We had a picnic and thoroughly enjoyed one another's company. It was just what we needed. We laughed and we played and, of course, we took pictures...











On Sunday, we got to go up and visit Grammie and Papa and also Ryan and Cheryl and the kids. We got to see the cousins participate in their Primary program which Grammie was in charge of. Everyone did such a great job. It was also Tayli's 12th birthday and we were so lucky to be able to spend it with her. Before dinner we all decided to go on a leisurely hike. Warning: Lee and I did not come up prepared for a hike hence the mismatched clothes and shoes. On the way, we stopped at the old house where my Nana and Papa spent their honeymoon:


I loved thinking back to how times must have been back then and wondering how the house was decorated and what went on behind that wall, although I do have a little bit of an idea. ;) That property is currently up for sale. If I could have anything in the world right now, it would be to be able to purchase that property to keep it in the family.

While the rest of the clan was exploring the old house Ella and Papa stayed behind and threw rocks together.

While on our hike we found this cute little area that the kids wanted to explore. Tess and Tayli were so nice to help all the kids across the wet swampy part.

All the kids were in line patiently waiting for their turn to go across.

They all made it!

Lee taking a moment to enjoy nature.

Following in Daddy's footsteps, literally

Tess and Tayli helping the kids back to safety. What would we do without our cousins?

Lee asked Ella what she would do if she saw a bear. Ella said she "would go like this". She then put her arms up and growled. Then Lee asked her what she would do if the bear came after her like this and he growled at Ella. Ella then said with a serious look on her face, "Oh that would die me, Dad".

Pausing for a quick pick.

I just love how much Ella loves her Papa. They are so cute together!


Oh, how I love these men! My brothers and my Dad are such amazing examples to me. Eric and Julie, I was missing you so much right about now.

After we got back to the house Grammie had a nice , yummy dinner waiting for us. Thanks, Mom!!
We had a great family filled weekend and it's times like these that help me remember just how important our families really are. It's worth it to take time out of life and enjoy them every once in a while.

11 comments:

Cheryl said...

This makes me want to cry! I love all of the beautiful pictures and what you said. Thanks for sharing it all with us. We had so much fun with you yesterday and you are right, focus on the family! We love all of you!

Cheryl said...

Oh, and just one more thing...I LOVE your header! That picture is so cute of the kiddies.

Laura said...

Lara, what fun. Darling pictures of the whole family. I too wish you could purchase that land and keep it in your family. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Shill and Company said...

Your header is so great! It brought a big ol' smile to my face!!!

Were the pictures of you guys at Castle Park by chance? Looks like you were having a lot of fun.

I also loved the pictures of your time in Idaho. You sure did a lot in a short amount of time. I'm so happy that you had such a fun visit!

Anonymous said...

You have got some great pictures on you blog, I love seeing you and your family. Looks like you have so much fun......it is fun getting a little peek into your life.
Love ya!
Katherine

Julie said...

Lara...I have big, fat tears in my eyes right now...I am missing you guys, too! What a great family adventure. I've been feeling the same need to let everything else go and hold on to our family tight. I could almost smell what Mom was cooking for dinner, and see her fussing way too much!! Thanks for thinking of us! We love you guys!!!

ps-I want that house!!!

Jewels said...

Family Times are the Best of Times!! I love your pictures, your family is so photogenic and darling!! I'm glad you guys had a well deserved break from life! Looks like fun.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had some nice weather for your day at the park. I enjoyed your pictures in Idaho. It's nice to enjoy some wilderness once in awhile and relax with family.

Mara said...

your pictures in the park are amazing. I think I will hire you to take our family Christmas picture. Your day in Idaho looks so fun. You have a great family.

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

Sorry it took so long to view the blogs. Lara, you are right the only thing missing was Julie and Eric's family. We did have a very nice day. We hope Tayli loved her birthday too.

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

Sorry it took so long to view the blogs. Lara, you are right the only thing missing was Julie and Eric's family. We did have a very nice day. We hope Tayli loved her birthday too.