Thursday, August 14, 2008

We're "Goin Back To Cali" Part 6

This last leg of our trip was spent, once again, in the water. We went down to the spot at the beach where my dad used to meet all of his surfing buddies every Saturday. My dad once again back in the water.
This is my cousin, Delen who came down to catch a few waves. It was really nice to see him.
The girls testing out the water temp.
This is my Uncle Jack. I am so glad we got to see him too. He tried so hard to get my kids on his surfboard but they wouldn't. That is one thing I know they would have loved if they would have only tried. He was so sweet with them.
Lee
My dad and Lee playing a little Smashball.
We met my good friends Marissa and Jenni and their kids. This is Emma with Kobe, Avalon, Cashel, and Jackson. I cannot believe how they have all grown!


Can I just say how much I love how Ella loves the beach. She obviously does not have any issues with the sand. I think she is me reincarnated.
After we said our goodbyes to family and friends, and the beach, we headed to Nani's pool. I really think my kids are half fish. If I looked closely enough I bet I could spot gills. They would have stayed in that pool till dark if we would have let them.
The only way to get them out was to promise we would come back the next day. And so we did.


This last day of our trip we spent relaxing and preparing for our trip home.
When we first thought about our summer vacation the kids immediately chimed in that they wanted to go "Back to Cali". There was never any question about where to go. All they wanted to do was see family. I love that.
I really hope family will always stay an important part of their lives.

Our trip really couldn't have been any better than it was. We had a blast. It was sad to leave our loved ones. We had so much fun with all of them. Old memories were brought back to life and new memories were made, memories that we will cherish forever. We love you all and can't wait to see you again!




3 comments:

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

Kids do grow up too fast! and vacations are over too quickly as well. We are glad it was so much fun. Love to see the pictures.

cheryl said...

We sure love you guys.

Shill and Company said...

It is a VERY good thing that Lee can surf. I don't know if your family would have accepted him otherwise! Those pictures of you guys playing in the water are terrific!