Thursday, August 14, 2008

We're "Goin Back To Cali" Part 5

Every year we visit Cali we go to Disneyland. This year we thought we'd try something different so we went to Knott's Berry Farm. It was the kids first time, so it was very exciting for them.
We started off in Camp Snoopy. We actually spent the majority of the day in Camp Snoopy because the kids were having so much fun.
We got to see the Peanuts gang. Sally was a big hit.
Their show was cute too. Linus lost his blanket and was so sad. He said that sucking his thumb just wasn't the same without his blanket. Ella could really relate to him. In the end Snoopy came to the rescue and found his blanket and all was well.

This giant skateboard ride was one of the kids favorites. I am sure glad the kids loved it because they had to wait in the blistering heat for over an hour just to ride it.
Can you tell they had fun?

Because it was so stinking hot, and I mean that literally, the kids decided to get wet in the fountain to cool off. I really think it was the sweatiest day of our lives.
OK, so I have to explain this picture above. After lunch I talked Emma and Eva into going on a "more advanced" ride with me. It had been 15+ years since I had been on any of these rides so my memory was a little shaky. I thought I remembered "Ghostrider" being somewhat mellow. It was a little fast but no upside down spots. Mellow? Well, I remembered wrong. The girls put their full trust in me. I kept reassuring them that it would be fun and they would want to go on it again. Well, I think I deserve the Worst Mother of the Year award for this one. Not only was it not mellow, but I am sure it was the scariest moment of the girls lives. You can see in the picture that we are in the back and I am in front of them. About this time on the ride was when the girls were certain they were about to plunge to their deaths. Never before have I heard the kinds of screams that I heard from them on that ride. They were screams of pure terror. The ride took forever to be over. It was a steep drop after steep drop, and a sharp turn after sharp turn. Then it was finally over. My girls got out bawling and sick. Not only were they balling and sick, but Emma had lost her voice and they both complained of their neck hurting for days. I only hope Emma and Eva can one day forgive me for putting them through this worst moment of their lives.
I thought I would then try to redeem myself by taking the kids to the bumper cars. That went better and everyone had fun.

We all agreed that Camp Snoopy was much more our families speed so that is where we stayed after that.


We paused for some snacks. Eva thoroughly enjoyed her cotton candy...
...while Linus, I mean Ella, opted out of eating her pretzel so she could continue to suck her thumb.


This was another favorite ride for the family.



Before we left for the day, we just had to get a funnel cake. Although I must say that I remembered them being a lot better than this one was. It was a little bit of a disappointment.
We ended the night by going on the Log Ride. This really was the highlight of the day for me. We all were able to go on it and everyone loved it, so much that we had to go on again. What a great way to end the day. We all choose to remember the Log ride over the Ghostrider.
Next post: the Final Two Days of Our Trip...

3 comments:

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

I hope all you kids somehow keep a copy of your blogs. These would be so wonderful for the kids to read to their kids down the road! What a fun day, even with the scary.

cheryl said...

Love the roller coaster comment. I got a little too much giggling out of the way you described it to me in person, sorry.

Shill and Company said...

It sounds and looks like Knott's Berry Farm was a lot of fun! Maybe one day we'll check it out. Hannah was very concerned about Emma losing her voice. She couldn't quite understand how that could happen. I guess I have never put my dear children through something so horrible as that. Ahhh, yes. Do you hear the angels trumpets?