Wednesday, August 13, 2008

We're "Goin Back To Cali" Part 4


The next day of our trip was visiting Lee's family. We first went to visit Lee's Uncle Leon. He is currently battling Skin Cancer...Melanoma. He is looking great and is such a fighter. Speaking of fighter, he was a pilot in WWII. He is an amazing guy. I am so glad we had a chance to see him while we were down. For dinner we met Lee's brothers and wives, Scott, and my good friend Marissa and her kids at Wahoos by the pier. Wahoo's is a place Lee and I often frequented before we moved, so it was nice to go there again and also was very yummy.

After dinner, we stopped by these street performers who needed Scott's help. He is the one in the striped shirt above. He is Dave's son. Isn't he handsome? We just don't get to see enough of him. Actually, today is his birthday and we just got a call that he was in a motorcyle accident and had to be life flighted to the hospital. We think he will be just fine but he gave everyone quite a scare. If you read this, Scott, Happy birthday and we love you. We wish you a quick recovery. This is for you...


After dinner we all went back to Nani's to hang out. This really meant a lot to us because we know how busy everyone was. It was so nice to see everyone! I love seeing Lee with his brothers. Above this is Lee, his brother Gary, and his brother Dave.

Aunt Wendy is Gary's wife and my kids adore her. She is so great!

When I told Scott I was going to take this picture with him and Eva he said OK but that he won't smile. Not because he is mad but that he doesn't think he looks good when he smiles. I begged to differ but gave in eventually and took the picture. He is still a hottie even without a smile.

Emma, Aunt Wendy, and Nani. Can't you see Lee in his mom? Nani always makes us feel so comfortable when we stay with her. We love her and thank her for everything she did for us while we were down.

This is Lee's brother, Christian and Dave's wife, Kristin tickling Ella. My kids love to wrestle with Christian and watch movies with him. Aunt Kristin is also adored by my kids. My children are so lucky to have such amazing and beautiful aunts. They think the world of them. Wendy, Kristin, Julie, and Cheryl are all such great role models for my girls.

Up next...Knott's Berry Farm. You won't want to miss this!

3 comments:

Mara said...

I can't believe everything you packed into your trip. It looks like you were busy 24/7. It is so nice to spend time with family. Everyone looks like they are having such a good time.

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

Great looking family!

Shill and Company said...

Looks like a fun family to spend time with. There is definitely a family resemblance. I have always thought Lee looked a lot like his mom.