Tuesday, August 12, 2008

We're "Goin Back To Cali" Part 3

Another great day in Cali was when the whole clan (minus Grammie, Cheryl and Sadie) went down to the beach. Once again the memories started coming back. Growing up, the beach was our second home. I feel like whenever we visit it always welcomes us back with open arms. The guys didn't waste any time getting into the water. Here Lee can't wax up his board fast enough.
Gavin hardly ever got out of the water. He was boogie boarding practically the whole time. And he was so good at it!
Ella and Shea playing with the sand toys.
I am so glad my dad got to come down to Cali with us. I loved seeing him surf. It had been way too long for him. He is 70 and still rippin it up.
Eric
Lee
If you look closely you can see Ben tiptoeing through the sand. He had a few sand issues on this trip.
My son not liking the sand?

And poor little Ella had a pretty bad stubbed big toe. As soon as she got sand on her booboo she was done and sat in this chair and slept for the rest of the day.
All the kids had fun looking for sand crabs.
I love this picture. This is my brother Eric and his son, Cordin.
Like father, like son!

Good ole seaweed.
Lee
Emma and Eva took to boogie boarding really fast. They had a blast.
Beau's running off to who knows where and Ben's wondering if he wants to, heaven forbid, sit in the sand by the girls.
I like this picture because I got both my brothers in it and I didn't realize it until after we got home.


The kids taking a quick break for lunch.
And Cord is up! Go Cord, Go Cord!!
In my brother Ryan's case, like father like daughter. This is him with his daughter, Tess.
Ryan
One other cool thing about the day is that Eva lost her other front tooth while we were at the beach. Doesn't she have a cute smile!


What a great day that was! Next stop, Lee's mom's house...

5 comments:

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

Way to go Eva! The pictures are great!!!Looks like everyone had a great day.

Anonymous said...

So jealous! The beach looks like so much fun, I miss it. Looks like you had a fun trip.

Julie said...

Lara- You got some great pictures that day. I didn't pull my camera out nearly enough...darn it!

cheryl said...

Ryan is pretty hot.

Shill and Company said...

I am so envious of your time on the beach. It looks like you all had a blast! Well, everyone except sweet Ella. Poor little thing! Do you also surf Miss Lara? It looks like it's in your genes. I think it's awesome that your dad is still able and willing to go out and have some fun. He is so amazing!