Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Jack-ey Baby

Alas, the day finally arrived, Jack Johnson's concert. Neil Halstead's Band and Rogue Wave opened for him. While they were performing, we snapped some pics.
There's this......and then some of this...




...and then more of this...

...and then the moment we had been waiting the whole summer for. Jack definitely did not disappoint. And his sidekick Zach on the piano and accordian, not to mention great vocals as well, was just as amazing. We are new fans of his.

We captured some video for your viewing enjoyment. Sadly I had to cut them all down in order to get them on the blog. But their still worth watching...

All At Once
These were some songs that were performed:
Hope
Flake
Taylor
Sitting, Waiting, Wishing
Sleep Through The Static
Go On
Upside Down
Do You Remember
Bubble Toes
Wasting Time
Fall Line
Constellations
Breakdown
Banana Pancakes
Same Girl
Staple It Together
Rodeo Clown
If I Had Eyes
Good People
All At Once
Times Like These
Gone
Better Together
and others

Bubble Toes

This next video Lee took and you'd think he had a few too many. Sorry for the shakiness. I had to include it though because Jack made a cute little smirk. See if you can find it.

Banana Pancakes

I think the only thing that could have made it better for us is if Jack played Holes to Heaven or Monsoon. I was really hoping for those two. Nevertheless, it really was a great night. We had so much fun!

5 comments:

Julie said...

What a fun night!! Looks like you had great seats!! Yeah, what's up with Lee's video taping?? I think I saw the smirk...but I'm not sure. I'll have to watch it a few more times to be sure! Oh, darn!*wink* That would have been a great concert to see. He sounds just as good live as he does on his CD.

Shill and Company said...

What a totally RAD post! First, the pictures of you and Lee are so cool. You both look so happy, I love it! You got some great pictures and MOST of your video clips were fantastic. Ha ha. I can't believe how well the sound was. You must have had some great seats. Were people up and dancing around? I am also very curious to hear about the traffic getting out of there. Even if it was bad, it looks like it would have all been worth it. So stinking cool!!!

cheryl said...

What a fun time! I love those outdoor concerts!

Mara said...

Two little lovebirds sitting in their seats K.I.S.S.I.N.G. First comes love, then comes marrige, then comes a super cool outdoor concert- awesome!

mandi said...

love love LOVE Jack!! I've really got to find someone who can watch the kidlets overnight so we can make the Nashville pilgrimage to catch some of these shows!! Also can't get enough of you guys' mugs!! Cheese it up!