Thursday, August 21, 2008

Good Friends=Good Fun

All summer I have heard my friends talking about Grace's backyard and how fun it is. We finally made it there to see for ourselves. Grace is a lady who's kids are grown and opens up her backyard once a week for anyone who wants to come swim and hang out. Her backyard is paradise. A pool, a coy pond, beautiful gardens, hammocks and many fun things for the kids to play on make it almost magical. A bunch of us girls got together with our many kids to bask in the summer heat and end it on a high note. Ben, Eva, Kayla, and Emma posing in front of the tree house.
Ella being, well, Ella.
My little toothless D'Eva D.
Ella loved the diving board and couldn't get enough of it.
I guess all the kids felt the same way. Here Jason is showing us just how creative he can be when diving into a pool.
Sweet little friends, Ella and Amalie
Kute Kayla

Emma, Lizzie and Hannah loved jumping in at the same time.
Playful Parker
Both Ben and Ella loved the swings and couldn't go high enough.

Kade, Branson, and Jason were racing like Michael Phelps. And the winner was...
Kade and Jason tied for the Gold Medal.
I caught Halle having a quick snack.
I don't remember ever seeing Connor out of the water. What a little fish.
Little Gavin just chillin like a villian.

Ben being his usual silly self
Kade showed off some impressive jumping in skills as well.
Ian showed me some mean flips on the trampoline.
Speaking of flips, I thought I'd give one a try. I have never done one before. Why in the world would I, a 32 year old "pleasantly plump" mother of four with a bum hip think I need to try now? All I'll say was that it wasn't pretty. At least the kids got a kick out of it.
And then there's graceful Mara showing us all her diving expertise. Look at the posture!
What a great day this was. Thanks to Amber, Chrissie, Heidi, Lauren, Mara and kiddos for a great end of summer get together. And of course thanks to Grace for letting us borrow her amazing backyard!




8 comments:

Mara said...

I didn't know it was your first time. Now I really do feel like a woose. i had so much fun today and i think you are totally cool for trying new tricks. Thanks for coming with us today. Next year you will need to come more

Julie said...

First of all...what a sweet lady to open up her backyard. I'm sure she just loves hearing all of the giggles that come from the backyard...very sweet!!

Secondly...Lara, you are a stud in my book right now!!! Did you get water up your nose or end up doing a belly flop or anything?? You are awesome!!

Third...Very cute pictures! Way to say good-bye to summer!

Lara said...

Julie,
Yes, I did get water up my nose but that was nothing when compared to the sting I got from a couple of back flops. It didn't stop me from trying again and again, though, and I must say that a couple of times I came pretty darn close to pulling it off. :D

mandi said...

I think you may have had a few too many. . .
Your form is superb. I give it a 9.8. I'm bummed we never went over to Grace's. It looks divine!

cheryl said...

I remember going there swimming. I love the pictures, especially the backflip.

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

What a great backyard!! You all look so happy having fun with friends. I second the envy part. I am getting too old for that kind of diving. Good to see you all have so much fun.

Shill and Company said...

Good times. Can we count on you coming next year?

I still am in awe of your flipping expertise. Thanks for entertaining us with your fabulous dives. What a good sport you are!

Herget Family said...

Laura,
I had no idea you had taken so many pictures of that fun day. I don't know what I was thinking not taking my camera. I would love it if you could email me the ones with my kids in them. My email is heidi@pebblecreekpreschool.com
After I receive your email I will know your address so I can invite you to my blog. Thanks! Oh and thanks for the entertainment on the diving board. That was the highlight of the day!