Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back To School

Yesterday was the kids first day of school. We are all so sad that the summer had to come to an end. Summer seemed extra short this year for us. But it will be good to get back into a routine. All the kids handled it so well. It was the first year that they all allowed me to leave after I dropped them off at their classes. I don't know if I should be happy about that or sad.

Eva started 2nd grade and has lots of friends in her class. I have no doubt she will flourish this year.

Emma started 4th grade and she lucked out. She was seated right next to her good friend Annika.

Ben at first was a little hesitant, but it didn't take him long at all to get into the groove of kindergarten.


Ella couldn't get out the door soon enough. She is taking pre-school right across the street at our neighbors house.
It will be so convenient to just watch her walk over there. I kept stopping her to take pictures and she just wanted to go. She will have so much fun in pre-school this year.

***
I am so sad to see them all go. I will miss them. These little kiddies are growing up so fast. Lately I have been feeling like I just can't get enough time with them. At the same time I have to admit that I am looking forward to a little ME time.

4 comments:

mandi said...

whoooo baby!! MOM TIME! Way to go! You made it!

Shill and Company said...

Those pictures are all so great! They all look smashing for their first day of school. How fun to have so many friends in their classes. They should all have a fantastic year!

Laura said...

Great pictures, Lara. I hear you about our kids growing up so fast, I am worried I'll blink and it will all be over! I love that the pre-school is right across the street! That will be a big blessing to you this year.

cheryl said...

I love the pictures. What a fun time in your life. A sweet neighborhood, good friends for the kids and some alone time for you!