My little guy. My funny, silly, goofy, always happy and go lucky little guy hasn't been feeling well lately. For the past 5 days he has been suffering with crazy itchy spells. Episodes so bad that he looks like he is possessed. He rolls around on the floor screaming and yelling because he can't stop itching. And then it's gone, only to come back all too soon. There has been no rash and only 2 days ago did his face start getting wierd red marks on it. I took him to the doctor only to hear him say that he has no idea what 's wrong with Ben. He gave us some medicine which hasn't worked one bit. I called the doctor back the next day telling him we can't take this anymore and he dumped us off onto an allergist to see if he could help. Once again I got the whole "I have no idea what's wrong with this kid answer." He said it's not an allergy to anything. Meanwhile Lee and I have had to just sit and watch Ben thrash around in agony, totally helpless. He won't let us help him or even hold him. The allergist said that his gut was telling him to treat Ben for a Strep and/or Staph infection. So we got some new medicine yesterday. I am not sure if it is working yet but I am hopeful. I feel like today could be a good day. I choose to think positive although my heart is breaking for this little guy. I guess the next step if the medicine doesn't work would be to do some blood work to see if there is anything seriously wrong, possibly with his liver. He could use some extra prayers. We will stay strong and keep you updated on Ben.
Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
1 week ago
4 comments:
I hope we didn't share the staph! I hope the medicine will work and he will get better soon. Keep us updated.
That is terrible. We will keep him in our prayers. That sounds ABSOLUTELY miserable! Poor guy. I hope that he can find some relief soon.
Ironically, Amalie developed the itchies today too. She however does have a funky rash all over her body. I might be going to the doctor tomorrow as well. What is going on?
You must be so frustrated to have two doctors tell you that they don't know what's wrong. Ahh, that's what we pay them for. Come on! j/k I hope this new course of actions can alleviate his suffering. Hang in there buddy!
You know the saying, "this hurts me more than it hurts you"? I think watching your kids suffer is the most horrendous thing in the world. Almost worse than their suffering. I'm so sorry. We will pray for answers for you.
Oh my goodness, Lara. Poor little guy! I'm glad (from reading your most recent post) it sounds like it is starting to go away. My blood is starting to boil when I think of any doctor saying... "I don't know what's wrong with your kid" UUGGHHH. I have had this happen so many times with my kids and I feel like screaming- "then find out!!! Open your medical books, get online, talk to other MD's, but just FIND OUT". I don't like when they just leave it at that and send you on your way, when you clearly know your children and when something is wrong- it is sooo not comforting to the mom, or sick child. Do you think that Ben's and Sadie's staph was related at all?
Post a Comment