This has been what poor Ben has looked like all week. I spared you the video, so just imagine screaming and yelling to go with the face...
Today I actually saw something I haven't seen in a while...
... his smile!!!
Today I actually saw something I haven't seen in a while...
... his smile!!!Even though he is still itching a lot, just seeing him smile today has been a relief. I took Ben back to the "new" doctor today and he said that his face looks much better and the white spots in his throat were gone. That 's a good sign, right? We got some new cream for his itching and we are continuing to give him Prednisone, Claritin, Benadryl, and Omnicef. It seems like this really is a Staph and/or Strep infection. And after doing some research on the internet I really think it is Staphylococcal folliculitis. This is when the Staph bacteria invades the hair folicles. A rash appeared today that looks a lot like some pictures I saw on the internet for that same illness. I am hopeful that the worst is in the past. We are giving it the weekend and then come Tuesday if Ben is still itchy then, according to both his doctors, there will be a need to do more tests to see what else is going on with him. The other things that could be wrong with him are not nice, so I don't even want to go there. I am optimistic that my little guy is on his way back to being the funny, silly, goofy, always happy little guy that he is. Thank you so much for all the prayers and phone calls on his behalf.
6 comments:
Was so concerned when I talked to Lee today, but sounds as if he's doing better. I put his name in the Newport Beach Temple.
"Hi" Ben, I love you! Nani
We have out his name in the temple all three times we were there this week. Hope this is the start of better times. We love Ben. We also feel for you Lara and Lee. It is so hard to see your child suffer, and not be able to immediately help. Love to all.
I'm glad he is feeling better- even if it is just a little bit. How frustrating for you. Let me know if I can help at all- I'll take the girls any time if you need to take Ben in.
It's good to hear that there has been some improvement. Poor little guy. We have been so worried about him and you and Lee as well. It's hard for the whole family to have someone that you love suffering. We'll continue to pray for him!
Get feeling better soon Ben. Ian would love to play with you again soon!
Break my heart!!! Where have I been? I missed all of this over the week end. Glad that he is feeling better...that is pure torture for a parents heart to not be able to help him in any way. (or have any answers at first. Frustrating!!!) Did he make it to school today? How did it go?
How is Ben doing now? That picture is hard to see of him having such a hard time. He's in our prayers.
Post a Comment