Monday, August 11, 2008

We're "Goin Back To Cali" Part 1

We just got back from our week long trip to California. We had so much fun! We saw family and friends and visited our old stomping grounds. It has been 7 years since we moved away to Utah. But every time we visit, it feels like just yesterday that I was ditching high school to go to the beach, hanging out with my friends, also known as the "6-pack" and crowding all six of us (and sometimes more) into Debbie's tiny CRX singing (more like yelling) "More Than Words" over and over again as we cruised the streets of Huntington Beach. Then there were the times when we'd go to Disneyland every night during the summers and meet some very interesting people. Visiting California always brings back great memories for me and it's fun for Lee and I to show our kids where we grew up. This visit I ONLY took 391 pictures so it will take some time to pick and choose pictures and blog it all, but here goes...



Cali Part 1
We always know we are getting close to our destination when we see the giant thermometer. If you zoom in you can see 93 degrees at ten in the morning. Gotta love it. Although I have seen much higher I am glad it wasn't while we were going through town.
We made it to our first destination-my brother Eric and Julie's, and almost immediately Lee was giving Cordin and Gavin pointers on the guitar. It was fun to hear them jamming but it probably wasn't quite as fun for the neighbors.
Almost as immediately the rest of us got our swimsuits on and headed to the backyard where we spent the majority of the day.
Ella loved the goggles although she never figured out how to get them on exactly right.
There is nothing greater to me than seeing cousins pick up right where they left off. Above Ben playing with Gavin and Beau as if they were just playing the day before. You'd never know there were hundreds of miles between them.
Same goes for the girls. Here Shea, Livia and Eva let me interrupt their playing for a quick pic.
Tess, Emma, Tayli, and Shea playing games in the pool.
I thought this was a great picture of Ben. He looks like he is going down the slide at lightning speed.
Eva cracked me up with all the different jumps that she pulled out of her hat.

Eric and Julie made the first day of our trip a fun one. Thanks for the memories.

To Be Continued...



5 comments:

Mara said...

What a fun trip- I am so jealous! That thermometer is a great landmark- did you stop and have the best greek food in the world?
And what a great backyard. it looks like so much fun. Love the goggles picture- so classic. I could comment on every picture. Masybe I will just tell you when I see you in person

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

WE MISS YOU!! Thank you for such a great visit...please come and visit us lots...especially when you need to thaw out this WINTER!

(perhaps my boys need a dust ruffle or something to hide all of the stuff that's under their bed!!)

cheryl said...

We loved having you out there and love even more that we are out here!

Shill and Company said...

So I noticed that my boys have the same bedroom set as your nephews. I wish that we also had the same back yard! Oh how fun that looks. Simply beautiful. I bet you all could spend hours and hours there enjoying yourselves.