Friday, July 18, 2008

Hi Ho Cherry O

Yesterday I took the kids up to Grammie's. She and Papa Rex have these big cherry bushes on their side yard. I have been waiting for them to get ripe so she could show me how to make jelly out of them.

Grammie was very nice and did all the dirty work before I even got there, like the picking, washing and juicing. I am so happy that I now know how to make jelly. I felt like June Cleaver for a day.
I am now totally wanting to get all the stuff so I can do it myself. I feel a new hobby coming on!

3 comments:

cheryl said...

All I know how to do is freezer jam. I would like to learn too. Looks like such a good hobby to have.

cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grammie & Papa Rex said...

You did a good job Lara! I made 14 more pints on Saturday, and have that many more to do this week. I will never make jelly in the afternoon again though. I was finished on Saturday by 11:00 am. It was so much cooler!!!!! That is the only way to do it.