Saturday, July 12, 2008

BBVD

Every summer our city park has a "Summer Concert Series" where various bands come to perform. Our Bishop is the City Manager and he was able to get Lee and I free tickets to see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.Some of you may not be familiar with them, but I bet you would recognize this song...
That song, "You and Me and the Bottle Makes Three", just happened to be my favorite song about twelve years ago, so it was so fun to see them perform it. It brought back some funny memories for me, none of which included drinking, by the way. Anyhoo, these guys were awesome! They were all such great musicians. We had so much fun and that won't be the last performance we see at the park.

6 comments:

Shill and Company said...

That is so cool. I remember them well. I can't get the song to play for some reason, but I do recall how much fun they were to listen to.

You guys both look so great. What a fun date!

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

I miss not having all the free tickets I got when I worked for KIK-FM radio. There's only the 2nd generation Osmonds that will be playing here on Friday. They are the kids of Allen Osmond. That was a great date and fun sounds!

cheryl said...

I love the picture of you 2. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Laura said...

Very cute, was this a date? You look great, Lara.

ChristianZ said...

Did they play the song from The Jungle Book?

Lara said...

Yes, Christian, they did play the song from the Jungle Book. It was very cool!