Friday, June 6, 2008

More Birthday Stuff

During the past little while our family have been cupcake connoisseurs. It has been decided that we like the Pillsbury rainbow cake mix (with pudding in the mix to make it extra moist) the best.

Emma gave her cupcakes (the winners) a thumbs up!

Ella picked strawberry cupcakes with strawberry frosting. Let's just say that I enjoyed them. Ella was just happy to play with hers.

I just couldn't bring myself to have the family celebrate birthdays at Wal-Mart like Ella wanted, so instead we all took the new Frontrunner train down to Salt Lake. It was going to be such a fun day. What could go wrong with a little train action, a movie and some yummy dinner? Apparently everything. The movie scared the kids to death. There were serious tantrums galore all throughout dinner by a child who shall remain nameless. We almost got squeezed to death by an apparently faulty elevator door, and the train ride home was spent shushing all four screaming kids over and over and over again! This day really brought out the worst in all of us. Emma and Ella's little birthday excursion will definately be a memorable one, but not exactly for the right reasons. For this fact, the pictures ended before we even stepped onto the train.
GOOD TIMES!!

8 comments:

cheryl said...

Ok, I'm dying. This is such a funny post. What movie? And I love that the picture taking ended before the trip even began, haven't we all had days like that!
That frontrunner train looks like so much fun. Where do you get on?
Good times.

Lara said...

Cheryl, It was the new Narnia movie. I have to admit it was pretty intense.
There is a new train station right behind Doug & Emmy's. That's where you get on. It is pretty cool. Maybe we could ride it one day when you come up if I can bring myself to be reminded of "that day".

Anonymous said...

Don't think your the only one who carefully plans family excursions only to have everything go wrong. You'll be able to look back on this day and laugh.
We are going to ride the train into Salt Lake when we come out next month. Wish us luck!

cheryl said...

Let's eat at Doug and Emmy's first and then ride the train and then go get our haircut at Val's and then go to Cherry Hill (Only to mess up our hair, so maybe not the best plan.) But a dream day nonetheless. (: Just kidding about Val, but maybe the rest?
Ok, all this time Tayli thought Val's name was Vowel! Oh that makes me laugh.

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

Even our primary kids have their days. Today those kids about drove me to think thoughts no counselor should think of Heavenly Father's children. I had to bite my tongue. We had nine visitors, and they were perfect angels and our usual kids were little devils, and that is putting it mildly!!I just have to think they were excited to be out of school, and hoped they acted better at home and to their mothers. Next week is another day . . .it has to be better, it couldn't have gotten much worse. I am greatful for a loving spirit that whispered this too will pass.

Julie said...

Maybe a day at Wal-Mart wouldn't have been so bad after all? It sounded good an paper, and you did give it your best effort...oh well...you're right, it will be memorable, and you might even get future giggles out of it! But not yet!!

Shill and Company said...

I still think all things considered, it was still better than going to Wal-Mart! Hee hee.

Emma said...

Happy Happy Birthday To Me!!!!
Happy Happy Birthday To Ella/Gal!!!