Sunday, June 8, 2008

Dancing Queens

Well, the day finally arrived. The big Dance Recital of the year went off without a hitch. The girls did so well and had a blast at the same time. Below are pictures of the dress rehearsal and the recital. All the video clips were taken at the dress rehearsal, so don't feel sad for them because of little mistakes. When it came time to perform on the big night, they were near perfect!

These are the costumes for the opening production. The theme for the opening production was Sports. That should explain the ice skating outfit and the football.





In this clip Emma is hidden a little. See if you can find her...


These costumes may look familiar. One thing I love about their teacher is that she tries to re-use at least one costume per year to help cut down on costs. These are the two re-used from last year with a different routine and song.




The girls have been really lucky to have the same group of friends in their classes since they were three. They are all just so cute!



This was Emma's first year in Jazz. And she got to perform to Hannah Montana, one of her faves.






What a wonderful show, girls! You did a fantastic job! Can't wait till next year! Although when I think about it, I get anxiety. Emma, Eva, and Ella (Gal is starting next year) together will have 11 dances. And I thought this year was crazy!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to Grammie and Papa Rex for coming to support these girls. I know how hard it is to sit through two plus hours and 51 dances, and it is very appreciated and it meant a lot to the girls. Also thank you for the amazing irises!!

7 comments:

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

The girls danced perfect for the show. They were very proffessional. We enjoyed it, and glad they enjoyed our garden flowers. Papa said he couldn't believe how much they have learned in just one year. You can really see a hugh jump in the difficulity of the dances they performed this year as compared to last year. Way to go girls!!

Julie said...

What a great recital! That's lots of costume changes...beautiful costumes!! They did a fantastic job. It's really hard to remember all of those dances. As for next year...good luck. Those beautiful smiles will make it all worth it!

Shill and Company said...

Oh, they are so beautiful! They danced so well. I am so glad that you included video clips for us to see. They are both such amazing dancers. That's a lot of dances to remember. Very impressive.

cheryl said...

I love these pictures. The girls look so pretty. Their costumes are amazing too. But again, here I go, it has to be my biggest upset to not have my girls dancing with Mrs. Peek. And to think 1 day I could have 4 girls in a recital with her! I am very jealous. There will never be anyone that even comes close to her. I love her and you are so lucky to have her.
Hey, you need to have Emma check out Bobert's blog. She was mentioned in one of the posts!!

cheryl said...

Hey Lara, one more thing. How do you hide your friend and families links? I want to do that, but don't want to lose the information. I just don't like having it on the side of my blog.

Emma said...

Thank you! Thank you! I had such a fun time in dance. Iam so taking it next year!!!

Beachgrama said...

I loved seeing the pictures of your girls, boy does that brings back memories for me, your girls looked so cute in their costumes,and how fun to watch the videos! I know how busy you must be, getting everyone to practice and places they need to be. You are such a great Mom, I am proud of you. I love going to your blog.