The TOP TEN Reasons Why I Love Lee...
( in no particular order)
1. He is just SO CUTE and there is nothing else to say about that!
2. I love that he is not afraid to embarass himself for the amusement of others...ie His Napolean Dynamite impersonations. Without Lee, our house would be a lot more dull!
3. He is so talented! He writes amazing songs and poetry. He plays the guitar and the piano and sings very well. Every talent that I wish I had, he has!
4. He cooks! He cooks almost as much as me. And it is all good too. My favorite dish of his is his Black Beans and Rice with Homemade Salsa! It is sooo good.
5. I love his huge luscious lips!
6. He tells our kids the craziest, funniest, and most off the wall bedtime stories. He does this every night (that he is home). We all love it, especially the kids. I love him for taking the time to do this. Our favorite story right now is "Dusty, Musty and Dank". But "Stuttering Sylvester" is also fab!
7. I love that Lee has opinions. Some women might not like that in a man, but I love that he wants to have a say in most things like even how to decorate our home. And if I REALLY want to know the truth, like how I look in a certain outfit, he will tell me in a very respectable way.
8. Lee has a talent of spotting General Authorities. When he comes home from work he will tell me how he waited for a signal to change with Elder Ballard or that he saw Pres. Uchtdorf speeding. The funniest thing about this to me is that he even recognizes people from the Second Quorum of the Seventy. He will tell me how he saw Lowell M. Snow or someone like that and I will be like "Who?" How does he recognize these people? He once told me how he spotted Gary Coleman and I thought he was talking about the one from Different Strokes. Lee makes me laugh everytime he spots someone.
9. I love how Lee honors his priesthood like no other! It is such a comfort to have this in our home.
10. He spoils his family! We are so lucky to have him! Most everything he does in his life is for the betterment of our family. He works SO incredibly hard so that we can have it a little bit easier. We are so thankful for Lee and we feel like the luckiest family on the planet, in the universe even, to have him as a father and husband.
For all these reasons and many more..
Happy Valentine's Day, Lee! I love you!!
9 comments:
This is Lee, checking the blog from work. Thank you Lara! That was very kind of you to say such nice things. It will be my aim to try to live up to all these things. Happy Valentines Day - I love you very much!
Thank you, too, Lara! That makes his Mother feel very good! What a lovely tribute from you to him!
Love, Nani/Linda
Ahhhhh...so gushy...I love it! Those are some very admirable qualities. Thank you, Lee, for the Napoleon...classic!
Also, I want to hear "Dusty, Musty and Dank" and "Stuttering Sylvester"...please post.
Why haven't we heard of these unusual bedtime stories before? We all know he is talented in singing and songwriting etc. We are glad Lee is in our family too! Lara you are a great daughter and good friend as well. Happy Valentine's Day to all of you.
That was so sweet to read. Lee is great and so are you Miss Lara! I think if I would have written something like that about Chris on our blog he would have died!!!
You're going to make all the other wives jealous.
Anyways, When Gary Coleman visited HB1 I called up Lee and told him about it and I think Lee said, "You mean the guy from Different Strokes?"
When I told Bert that [Elder] Gary Coleman visited HB1 Bert asked, "Did he say, 'Whatchoo talkin' about, Willis?'?"
Of course the Different Strokes Gary Coleman was in the Mormon movie called "Church Ball."
I didn't know all these things about your husband! He's so fun. I think you two are adorable together and I'm so happy you found each other. Thanks for sharing all the reasons why you love him. It made me almost cry. Seriously, it makes me so not want to wait to find my eternal companion. So sweet Lara!
I love the comment about spotting General Authorities! That is so Lee. Also now that my kids have experienced Dusty, Musty and Dank and Stuttering Sylvester things will never be the same.
Post a Comment