Sunday, November 11, 2007

Reflections



Every year Emma's and Eva's school puts on something called a Reflections Contest. They can submit entries in different catagories based on the theme. This year the theme was "I can make a difference by..." Eva chose to recycle some items from around the house like paper clips, straws, and juice lid thingamajiggers, and make a necklace out of them. Emma chose to write a little somethin about Debbie. And you can read that one for yourself. (If you cannot read it, you can click on the picture to make it bigger.) All the entries will get judged and various awards will be presented. Good Job girls and GOOD LUCK!


6 comments:

cheryl said...

Lara! What Emma wrote is beautiful! I love it so much. I would love a copy of it and I am sure Coral, Jack and Delen would too. I love Eva's creativity with her necklace, that is so sweet. Wow. What great parents you 2 are, I am impressed.

Julie said...

What great entries for Reflections program! We have the same thing here, but we've never entered it...maybe next year. You've inspired us! Those were both great ways to make a difference!!! Good Luck!

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

We are so proud of both you girls. What a neat neckless Eva! The story was so thoughtful Emma. One of you girls should win. Send us a copy by e-mail please.

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

We love the pictures of Ben and Ella too. Looks like Ben is going to be a builder when he grows up.

Melly Mel said...

I hope she wins!

Shill and Company said...

Those were both such great ideas. You guys put a lot more thought into this than we did this year. Emma is very good at writing. Hard to believe she is only in the 3rd grade. Eva's necklace was so pretty. We loved the materials & colors. It was put together so beautifully. What talented youngsters!