Sunday, November 11, 2007

Primary Program

Today was our wards Primary Sacrament Meeting Presentation. Of course, it went off without a hitch like they always do, even considering the fact that there are 230 kids in the Primary. Yes 230! Emma, Eva, and Ben all did great. Emma and Ben had their speaking parts perfectly memorized and Eva sang a song beautifully with her class. These were their parts:

Ben: I am trying to be like Jesus when I listen to my family.

Eva sang: "This is My Beloved Son" with her class.

Emma: A covenant is a special agreement or promise that two people make together. Covenant means come together or to be bound together by promises.

They all loved their parts but the hit of the program was a part that a little sunbeam said: "I am trying to be like Jesus when I go fishing and eat fish." It was just so random that it made everybody laugh! :0

You kids did great! We are so very proud of you!

5 comments:

cheryl said...

Wish we could be there. Our primary program was today too. And as always, it goes so well even though the practices are always a bit rowdy. So too bad you can't take a picture of everyone who reads your quotes and tries to lick their elbows!!!

cheryl said...

Woops, not the quotes but the "interesting facts." Look at little Ella, that is such a cute picture. So sad we missed Emma's baptism, did Lee write a song? I'll try to remember to bring our camcorder so that I can record Lee singing all the cousins songs.

Julie said...

230!? That's incredible! How on Earth did they give each child a part without it being 2 hours long!? I love the Primary Programs...so cute, and the kids feel so proud!

Melly Mel said...

That really is so amazing~ I was in Young Womens for almsot 4 years and my girls wouldn't be able to say half those things! That's amazing! Your kids are so sweet and smart Lara~

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

We are very proud of you kids for doing your part in the program. Grammie got a new calling to be the 1st couns. in primary. You will have to teach Grammie the primary songs. We are sorry we couldn't be there, but we had meetings we had to be at too. We don't have many kids in our primary. I don't know how many yet, but if they all came I doubt it would be 30 total.