Saturday, November 17, 2007

Date Night


For date night last night, Lee and I went to see "Savior of the World". It was performed in the Conference Center Theater. I highly recommend it to anyone who may be in the area during the holiday season. It is a reenactment of the times leading up to the birth of Christ and then also the Resurrection. It is one thing to read about these two events and a whole other thing to see them (at least the reenactment of them).
What made it so special to me was that it made me realize even more that these people that lived then, were just like us living now. They all had bad days and good days and struggles just like you and me. For example, Mary was just a young girl, striving to do her best in the world, and wondering if marrying Joseph was the right thing or not. And then she had the miracle of all miracles happen to her.
This holiday season I am really going to do my best to recognize the miracles that happen in my life, and honor the miracles of long ago. I challenge you all to do the same.

1 comments:

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

You are lucky to have such inspiring things to put you in the right spirit for the holidays. Our Relief Society asked us to read Matthew, Mark, Luke, John,and 1Nephi before Christmas to put us in the proper spirit. I am not sure if I'll get it all re-read, but I'll try.