Emma is loving being in Beehives. They do all sorts of fun activities. One activity she particularly loved was the cake decorating class. This is her cake and I think she did a great job for her first time ever decorating a cake!
We got a dog. Yes we did. A very kind family in our ward overheard me talking about how I would love a dog someday. Well, they thought now would be a good time so they gave us one of their puppies. Isn't she cute?! Eva named her Lulu. She was a very good dog. Unfortunately, the cats didn't think so and I was not emotionally prepared to take on the responsibility of caring for a new puppy, so after 4 days we gave her back. It was sad but we all agreed it was for the best. We will get a dog one day...when we are ready.
Even though we gave Lulu back we decided to keep the crate that we had purchased for when the kids are naughty.
Eva actually got stuck in it and we had to take it apart to get her out. It was pretty funny.
One morning I sent the kids off to school and saw this. It made my day!
Eva made this spooky little witch out of paper mache for her circuit project at school. She hooked up two light bulbs to the eyes and her eyes glowed. I thought it was a very creative little project.
I was in charge of dessert for our Young Women In Excellence Meeting. The theme was "Young Women: A Pattern for Motherhood". We decorated with a lot of sewing patterns and notions, etc. I decided I would make fondant buttons to put on mini cupcakes for the dessert. I made over 200 buttons in the colors of the YW values. It was the first time I had made/worked with fondant. It was SEW easy...I can't wait to work with fondant again!
3 comments:
Such a crafty family! Can I sign up for lessons?
Nice work you talented Ziebarth people. K, it's probably good that I didn't see your puppy. I might have encouraged you to keep her. Just kidding, but she is adorable. I loved the pictures of the kids in the crate. I can't believe Eva got in it to begin with. Oh, to hear she got stuck in it makes me claustrophobic.
Great job on the cupcakes!
And I love those hot air balloons, how cool is that?
Post a Comment