Friday, November 4, 2011

First Day of School

Another First Day of School went off without any problems.  The kids looked as great as ever and were super excited to start the new school year.
 Emma started Junior High this year.  I was SO nervous for her, much more nervous than she was that's for sure.  She takes the bus and I was tempted to sneak a picture of her getting on the bus but decided against it.  I didn't want to embarass her on her first day.  She is so lucky to be going to a great school.  It's brand new this year and state of the art with TV screens around every corner.  It's HUGE and well planned out.  The kids even get their own Netbooks for the year.  They have no textbooks, everything is on line.  It's crazy!  The most important thing is that she is loving 7th grade and doing very well.  I am very proud of her.


 Ella is now in 1st grade!  She goes to school ALL day!  I miss her.  I miss all my kids, really.  It is very strange having them all gone every day.  I am still trying to figure out my day.  I still find myself wandering aimlessly around the house from time to time not knowing exactly what I should be doing.  I am hoping someday soon my motivation will kick in and I will be able to actually accomplish things with my time.  Ben is now a big 3rd grader and Eva is in 5th grade.  My, how they grow.
Ben and his scout den had the opportunity of raising the flag for the school this year.  He was in charge of holding the flag as they walked out.  They did a great job and was a nice experience for all of the boys.

We are now into the second term and the kids are doing great!  They are thriving thanks to great teachers and faculty at their schools.  I feel so thankful to live in the kind of area where I can send them off to school and know they are in great hands and I don't have to worry one bit.

3 comments:

Danika said...

Emma looks just like you...beautiful! And they gave Jr High students netbooks and everything is online? That's just crazy!

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

It's hard to believe they are so grown up already. I feel like I am already so far behind in the computer world, then I find out the school is all computerized. I will never catch up.

Shill and Company said...

First may I say how great looking each of your kidlets are! Aren't we blessed to have such incredible schools for our children to attend.