Friday, November 4, 2011

Bishop Daddy

For many years now the Lord has been preparing Lee for a great work.  He's known it.  I've sensed it.  And we both have been striving to learn and grow and live righteously so that when that day came our family would be ready for it.  That day came six months ago.  He was called to be the new bishop of our ward.  What a humbling day that was, a day that would change us forever.

Since that day, I have seen the mantle placed on Lee's shoulders.  It's a heavy one.  He is gone more and when he is home, often times he is mentally somewhere else.  I compare it to another full time job, one he doesn't get paid for, yet one so much more important.  He is serving the Lord.  He did not apply.  He did not ask for this responsibility.  Yet, here he is, serving the Lord and the members of the ward with all of his heart, might, mind and strength.  He will never do less.  He will never complain.  The love he has for the people of the Roberts Farms Ward is indescribable, immeasurable.  His only desire is to be their servant.  To be able to help them in any way possible that might bring them closer to their Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ.

I support Lee one hundred percent and know that he will be one excellent bishop.  My only wish is for the members to be patient with him and understand that he is human, he makes mistakes, he isn't perfect.  If they could only see inside his heart like I get to every once in a while they would see a heart that is overflowing with love and gratitude for the gospel of Jesus Christ.  He is honored to be considered a servant of the Lord and wouldn't rather be doing anything else. 

The kids love their Bishop Daddy, as they call him.  They have been so supportive and understanding during this transition for our family.  Their strength inspires me.  I have no doubt that one day we all will be able to look back at this time and consider it one of the greatest times our family has experienced.  The blessings are already in abundance.

5 comments:

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

The hardest thing for me when dad was called to be a new Bishop, was the first time I heard someone say something negative about him. It wasn't an active member of our ward however. Lee will be an outstanding Bishop!The ward will come to love him.

Cheryl said...

Besides your family we are Lee's no. 1 fans!!!
the word verification I have to type in is der coi. haha

Shill and Company said...

Anyone that knows Lee could see this calling coming. The people of your ward are very lucky to have him as their Bishop. He's lucky to have such great support from home as well.

Mechelle said...

Hugs:D

FarrEver Family said...

He is awesome. We LOVE him. He leads with the spirit, and with encourages all of us to come closer to Christ. I admire his spunk and go get em attitude!