Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ben's Baptism

Ben's baptism wasn't just any baptism. He was able to be baptized with two of his cousins. How often does that happen? Not only was Ben super excited about sharing his day with Livia and Shea, but it was also special for me to be able to see my husband and my two brothers worthily exercise their priesthood authority and perform the sacred ordinances of baptism and confirmation. The three of us kids can say with certainty that we were raised by goodly parents. Because of their righteous examples and strong testimonies of the Gospel our family was able to have this amazing day to celebrate.



It doesn't get any sweeter than this! I am so proud of these three for following Jesus' example to be baptized.


Two things every child in my family receives on their baptism day is a gift from Grammie and a gift from Lee. I don't know which gift Ben was more eager to receive, his quilt or his song. Soon Lee will be hard at work recording a CD of all the baptism songs he has written over the years. I can't wait!



I adore this picture. Lee taught Ben how to tuck his tie into his shirt and roll up his sleeves when he eats. He is such a mini Lee and I LOVE it!



I ♥ My Family


I think the only thing that could have made this day more perfect was if Lee's family could have been there. We missed them.

This day was truly a magical day and Ben, as well as I will forever remember it.

4 comments:

Danika said...

What a beautiful day for your whole family!

Lauren said...

What a great day! I think it is really neat that you were able to share this important time with the cousins too. How memorable!

Mara said...

Perfect day! Sorry we had to miss it. We love Ben and your whole family. Your friendship means a lot to us. Thanks for the great example you always set.

Shill and Company said...

What an incredible experience for Ben to share his special day with not one, but TWO cousins! How cool is that? Looks and sounds like the day was absolutely perfect. Like Mara, we are sad we were out of town and had to miss it. We love your family oodles and oodles!