Sunday, November 7, 2010

Soccer It To Em

It was super fun seeing the kids play soccer this Fall. They were SO into it!
I think Ella is going to be our little soccer star. She is very aggressive and very fast. She was in her element for sure! She even says that she likes soccer more than dance!
Notice in all these pictures she is in the front. She could not stand it when the other team had the ball. She is already one competitive player!

I was so proud of Emma. After at least four years of not playing, she decided she wanted to try soccer again. She did great! She really held her own. It was harder to get pictures of her though because the field was so stinking big!
And then there's Ben, who was ready to quit soccer after this year. It just didn't seem to be his thing. But for whatever reason it just clicked for him and he came alive. He was aggressive, quick and scored goal after goal!
His karate skills even showed themselves on the field. We call this one Ben's "crane" kick...
Ben has since started playing on an indoor soccer team and plays against competition level teams. They are undefeated so far. He feels a little intimidated being on a team with such good players (like freakishly good) but I know it is going to be a really great learning experience for him.


Eva was definitely the cutest cheerleader out there cheering on all of her siblings at the games. What a nice sister!!
Having three kids in soccer makes for CrAzY Saturdays. We didn't get much done around the house but it was worth it. We all had fun watching them play their little hearts out!

5 comments:

Ange said...

We have the same "Saturday Syndrome", but I have to admit....I AbSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! And it IS fun to see it 'click' with them, and have fun (and a little success to boot).
Gotta love the Crane kick - I'll have to show that one to Tyler. Awesome!

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

Maybe next summer we can see a couple of their games. They look so in to it. Good job kids!

Lauren said...

I share the same sentiment about soccer saturdays, Crazy and fun all wrapped up in one! Go team!!

Shill and Company said...

Go team Ziebarth!

Laura said...

I TOTALLY get the crazy Saturday thing.... but at least the kids are outside moving, right?