- I am thankful for every single (there are many) wrinkle on my face. For each wrinkle I could tell you a story about how it got there. A wrinkle is a physical manifestation of a memory.
- I am thankful for all the countless hours Lee spends in meetings at church and away from our home. At least I know I could do the single mom thing if I had to.
- I am thankful for when it snows and dumps massive loads all over our driveway and sidewalks because then I get to go out and put in a good arm workout by shoveling it all.
- I am thankful that we get to use all of our extra money every month paying for our new car. It will definitely force me to get creative with Christmas this year.
- I am actually thankful for my selfishness. Because of this I have realized what a saint my husband actually is in putting up with me.
- I am thankful for when my kids whine and complain about doing Saturday chores. It gives me a chance to exercise my vocal chords and/or practice massive amounts of patience.
- I am thankful for the way I look in a bathing suit. I think of wearing my bathing suit as an act of service to those around me. After looking at me, others realize they don't look half bad.
- I am thankful that our super cute and lovable kitty cat, Sonny still chooses to use the restroom right outside of his litter box. OK, I can't really turn that one into something good. He just better be thankful that I haven't cut his tail off and used it as a key chain by now.
- I am thankful that my bum is so big. Because of me all the lonely jeans at the store at the back of the racks get some attention.
- I am thankful for that certain time of the month. Not only does it remind me that I am not pregnant, it also reminds me that I will one day have three daughters with that certain time of the month, hopefully at the same time, and that I should really enjoy how nice and sweet they are now.
Now, I know that some of these are silly and slightly sarcastic but on a serious note, I am truly thankful for many things that have been difficult for me this year. Our trials are what mold and shape our character. If we didn't have trials, we wouldn't know just how good our lives really are. I could spend hours thinking of all the negatives in my life, but somehow all those negatives slowly turn to positives and I find myself in prayer thanking my Heavenly Father for my trials and all the chances He gives me to better myself and strengthen my testimony. With every trial I am given, I take it as an opportunity to get to know myself, my Savior and my Heavenly Father more intimately, and for that I am eternally thankful.
Happy Thanksgiving!!

10 comments:
Love it! Especially the one about the bathing suit as an act of service! :) Whenever I feel like having a pity party with myself, I start to read the blogs about the people whose kids are very ill (leukemia, cancer, etc) and then I get a get a good reality check and realize all the stupid things in my life that seem like a huge deal really aren't.
Lara, you crack me up!
LOVE the idea of not-so-thankful-thankfullness!!!
We may have to use that in our thankful discussion this Thanksgiving.
You are awesome.
.....and your bum is not big.
Just sayin.
So funny. I might have to steal this one for my blog.
I am thankful for your friendship and for your wonderful sense of humor!!!
Thanks for helping me to see the brighter side of some of the things that I am not-so-thankful for too.
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
I love this idea! It really is about your attitude, isn't it?
I'm thankful for you, Lara, and your whit, and your sweetness, and your example...I could go on and on...and not in an ungratefully-grateful way. :)
I absolutely loved this post. Especially the "big bum" one. :) I seriously want to copy it and email it to friends.
Love it.
Great list. I too am thankful for the opportunity to wear a swimming suit and help others feel better about themselves. I am so sorry to hear about Sonny pottying outside of his litter box-- the one thing we think cats are supposed to know better than dogs. If it makes you feel any better, I have a friend whose cat does the same thing. But he only does it when they go out of town... and guess who takes care of him while they're gone??
LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!
Post a Comment