Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Saver

My kids have been wanting electric scooters for some time. I have told them a few times that if they are going to ride their scooters I want them to get exercise at the same time, not just push a button and go. (I know, I'm a mean mom.) They kept bugging me about it so I cut them a deal. I told them that if they save up their own money they can buy one. I said this thinking that would never happen. My kids are not savers. Well, our little Eva did it!
Eva wanted one so bad that she saved and saved and the day finally came. When we went to pick one out she was grinning from ear to ear and hasn't stopped. She is on cloud nine. I am very proud of her for being able to save her money. Congrats on your purchase, Eva!

4 comments:

Shill and Company said...

Good for her! Chris and I are the same way Lara about electric scooters. You are not the only mean parent.

There is a great sense of satisfaction that comes when you work hard and save up for something. I am proud of her. No doubt Miss Eva will still get in plenty of exercise.

Ange said...

Wow!...if only more people could learn to do that!
I bet she is absolutely LOVING it!
Completely awesome of her- kudos to Eva!

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

Good job Eva! She will probably take better care of it too, because it was her money. Remember Eric said he wanted to spend the summer in Hawaii, and we told him he could if he saved up enough, also not expecting him to do that at age 15, but he did.

Jewels said...

Wow, I am impressed-those things are expensive!! She looks like she is in heaven and what an important life lesson you have taught her!