Sunday, May 9, 2010

For The Two Lindas on Mother's Day

These are the two Lindas:

My Mom in Law aka Nani and my Mom aka Grammie.

Aren't they beautiful? I love these women. They both have taught me so much. The first word I thought of when thinking about these amazing women is strong. They both have had their fair share of trials in life. Yet they have always persevered and come out on top. They have led very different lives and although they both might complain about their aching bones and how their getting old, they are still among the strongest women I know.

Nani lost her sweetheart over four years ago. We worried about her and wondered if she would be OK on her own. Well, she showed us that there was nothing to worry about. She has done so well. She has spent her whole life using her sewing and cooking talents to help those in need and continually goes to the temple to serve. She has a giving heart. She has raised 9 kids, one of them being Lee. For her to have done such a good job raising Lee, she has got to be quite an amazing woman, right? Well, she is. I will be forever thankful to her for one of the best gifts I have ever received-My hubby.

Grammie has had plenty of reasons to say "Why Me?". Yet I have never heard those words come out of her mouth. She is so positive and thinks of every day as a blessing. Her whole life has been spent doing things for others and she wouldn't have it any other way. That is one of the things I love most about her. Everything that is good in me, my mom put there.

I love these women and am so thankful for their neverending examples of goodness and strength.
Happy Mother's Day, Nani and Grammie!!
and thank you for the beautiful gifts...I will send pictures.

1 comments:

Shill and Company said...

You are blessed to have both of them in your life. I know that they are also really fun grandmas. You are a wonderful daughter as well to pay such a lovely tribute to each of them. No doubt, they are pleased with you and the wonderful woman that you have become! I hope that you had a fantastic Mother's Day.