Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Rut

So much for National Happy Day - I am now in a full on rut.
This is what my countertops and sink have looked like for far too long...
I can't remember the last time I saw the bottom of my sinks. This is what my laundry room has looked like for far too long...
My poor kids wine and complain that they can't find anything to wear. I wonder why.
Spring cleaning? What is that?
On top of my house being a dump, I finally get excited about having another baby only to realize our baby making skills have proved unsuccessful thus far. Granted, it has only been two months but it never took me more than that with my others.
Because of said baby making frenzy and my no good, cotton pickin, *&^$%* shin splints, I will not be running my 1/2 marathon next month.
Not only am I not running at all right now, but I am twenty pounds up on the scale than I was this time last year. That hurts, especially with summer so close.
I need to get out of this rut, but how?
Any suggestions?

7 comments:

Lee said...

Boy, Lara says like it is...That's why I love her! Hang in there, this rut has nothing on you. You'll whip it in a heartbeat!

Danika said...

I love when people keep it real on their blog...messy rooms and all!

I guess that answers my question about what you decided about whether you would have another baby or not! Good for you for doing what the spirit told you was right instead of what was easy or convenient. Good luck!

Mechelle said...

My advice is to just let the rock bottom come. I find if I fret over my rut the longer it lasts. There always comes the point when you won't be able to stand the rut and will jump out with both feet. Keep a positive attitude, there will never be a time like this in your life again - enjoy everything it has to offer. You would have to exchange some or all of the good to get rid of some of the bad (it just works that way):D
Boy, if that isn't the kettle talking to the pot:/

Julie said...

Chocolate has never let me down...

Just take one thing at a time. The laundry will still be there tomorrow if you just concentrate on the dishes today.

And the baby-making? Isn't it frustrating? You spend so much of your marriage trying to avoid it...then when you actually take that leap and it doesn't happen!!??!! That's how it was for us with Troy. But, in hind-sight, the timing was perfect (of course) because it wasn't OUR timing. Heavenly Father is absolutely aware of your desire and your faith and your sacrifices. It'll happen...

Hang in there. :)

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

I am with Julie. Just one thing at a time, and you'll be that many things ahead at the end of the week. You have been doing so much lately, it's no wonder a few things get left behind once in a while. It happens to me much more lately than it ever did before. Don't worry . . . be ... happy!!

Laura said...

I know all too well about ruts. I guess the one thing I would suggest is to try to change your perspective about one thing at a time. Without going into specifics, I had a huge change of heart when I just looked at a situation differently than I had been before.
And the house thing- sometimes you have to just let it go, let it be a big fat mess for a while. You'll get back on track in no time.

Mara said...

oh my dear friend! I think the answer to all lifes probels is Indian food- and a movie and a night out with people who love you no matter what.