Thursday, March 18, 2010

HateSacs

Do you remember my post from last month about how my creative kids made some ordinary plastic bins into comfy chairs? Click here to see it again. They loved those plastic bins/comfy chairs. It was proof to me that we don't need to spend an arm and a leg to make our kids happy.
Apparently Lee did not see that post because the other day I came home to find Lee unloading two GINORMOUS LoveSacs from our van. I can't believe they fit. The kids were screaming like it was the best day of their lives and I was left speechless. What happened to the plastic bin idea?
The kids, of course, love them. I, on the other hand do not. They are big and ugly and take up the whole family room. They are so big you can't just lift them to vacuum under them. They are big, beige blobs.
Lee at least had 1/2 a brain when he made this decision and bought them used. So they didn't cost an arm and a leg...just a leg, which is still more than I care to be parting with. We could have bought like four large sized trees for the same price. Have you seen our yard? We need trees!
They are comfy, I will give them that. Even more comfy then those plastic bins. But can I get over their uglyness? Probably not. They would make a great addition to any basement. Since our basement is not finished and I don't feel like having big, beige blobs as the focal point of our family room, we will be putting them back up for sale.
Lee has admitted that it probably was not the smartest decision he has ever made to purchase them and agrees that we could really use that money on other, more important things. So, any takers? If you know anyone who would like to purchase 1 beige MovieSac and/or 1 greenish beige SuperSac we'd love to sell you them.

6 comments:

Lee said...

OK, OK! It was an incredibly stupid, impulse buy with nothing but an aftertaste of buyers remorse! What was I thinking??!!

Emma said...

MOM!!! Do not give them away!! We all love them!!

cheryl said...

Just PLEASE, PLEASE do not tell my kids you are selling them. (:

Jim and Jess said...

I have to admit, they are a huge pain. We got rid of ours last year simply because there was no great place for it.

But if you decide to house them in your basement, I know a great guy who can help you finish it!! :)

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

They do look comfy. We just don't have room for them either.

Shill and Company said...

You guys crack me up. Although comfy, I too couldn't take the fact that they take up so much space. Good luck in finding them a new home.