We all know those words but why is it so hard to believe sometimes?
I crave family time almost as much as I crave chocolate. There is nothing that makes me happier than having good quality family time. We don't get enough of it, so when we do have it it's as sweet as fudge.
*
After two weeks of having to wait her turn to start school, my little gal finally got to go. I am so happy for her. She loves it like nothing else in the world.
*
Emma skinned her knee last weekend and has been walking like Frankenstein ever since. I am SO happy to report that she no longer feels like she has to walk like a cripple. She finally believes there is life after a scrape on the knee after all.
*
After managing to kill just about everything in our garden this year and realizing my failure as a gardener, I noticed my cosmos flowers that I planted from seed decided to bloom. Everytime I look at them they make me happy.
*
After a summer long hiatus from running I started up again. It was a pretty humbling experience to have lost all the momentum I had. My lungs were burning and I even had to walk some and I only went three miles. Nevertheless, I am happy just to be out running again.
*
Both Ben and Ella played in their first soccer games of the season on Saturday. It made me so happy to see them both make a goal. What a way to start off!
*
Eva is a sleepwalker/talker. I love it when she puts on a show for us. The other night she came down the stairs in a drunken stuper. She plopped right down next to me on the couch and started talking to me about these people that wrote super fast. I could tell she had been crying. It was very upsetting to her that these people were writing so fast!!! She went on to tell me that they were writing so fast that they began to scribble. She then started crying because she didn't like them scribbling. I asked Eva if she had had a bad dream about people who scribbled. She said yes. I asked her if she would like to go back to bed and she said yes. She then got up and clumsily went back up to her room and that was that. The next morning I asked Eva if she remembered any of it. Of course she said no. We all had a good laugh about it, including Eva. Laughing with my kids makes me happy.
*
Ben has discovered the world of reading. I get so happy inside when I see him pick up a book and read it because he wants to, not because he has to.
*
I helped Ella clean her room the other day. It was really messy, messier than I have ever seen it. After quite a while of cleaning we finally finished. We were both so happy. Ella turned to me and said "Did you know that Jesus is here?" I asked her how she knew that. She replied, "I feel Him in my heart".
*
I have been really trying to notice all that I do have instead of all that I don't...and I have been a lot happier because of it.
12 comments:
I love this post. Thanks so much for taking the positive in your own life and making it available to others so that they can think of their own blessings. It definitely did me.
I find you to be flat out amazing. Your children are beautiful, and always smiling. I can't help but think it has a lot to do with there amazing mom and her happy attitude.
I'm sorry for not giving you credit on my blog about making my mini me day possible. You humble me in your willingness to serve. Thank you so so very much. I find your friendship to be a great blessing in my life even though it is just starting. I hope it last a long time.
I am going to go private again, so if you want to keep seeing our blog, e-mail me at jandafarr@gmail.com. Sorry this is so long!!!
Good attitude! It's contagious. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for the great reminder - I needed it these days!
PS - My college freshman dorm roommate was a sleep walker/talker. Of course, she forgot to mention it to me until after we had a few crazy episodes...
Lara, you are the best!
HAPPY everyday to you!
You are always such an optimistic and positive person. You make others want to be around you and they are HAPPY when they see your neverending smile! Thanks for this post, you are awesome!
Oh my goodness - you honestly never cease to amaze and inspire me. Someday, maybe...I hope to be more like you.
Thanks for making us all smile!
You are such and optimistic person! I find myself focusing on all the wants instead of what we have been blessed with...thanks for the reminder! I too noticed the beautiful cosmos, and I am jealous that you are back to running, but so happy that you are able to do it again!
Good for you Lara. It always helps to see the positive. And it sure sounds like you've got a lot of positivity around you.
Glad little Ella is liking school- How are you doing with no one at home? We're in the same boat, too bad we're not neighbors.
Financially - I am THERE with you! As you know we had to start over this year in a completely different direction. It is really hard sometimes! Sometimes I forget to be grateful for what I DO have, and not worry about what I don't have. We can hang together my friend and lean on each other!!
I am LLLLOVIN your happy thoughts - thanks for sharing - LOVE YA!!
That's what enduring to the end is all about. Making the best from what we are dealt. It's more fun than pity parties anyway! You've got the right idea. Lots of love to you.
You are so wonderful Lara! I loved reading this post and seeing the gratitude that you have in your heart. That makes all of the difference my friend. You do have so very much to be thankful for.
Thanks Sweetie. Loved it all.
Post a Comment