Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Lava, Baby

Being from California, the family vacation every year was to go up to Idaho to visit my Nana and Papa. Going to Lava Hot Springs was something we did during those trips. It had probably been 20 years since I had been there. With my whole side of the family being together last week, my parents decided they wanted to take us there. It was a full circle moment for me. Now I was going with my children. It was surreal.
The following are pictures of my crazy family...
Cordin

Ryan

Livia


Tess - What form!



Brave Ben


Beau


Stylin Gavin


Tayli


Eva

Shea


Papa's still got it.


Ella jumping and Eric diving


Rolling Ryan


Crazy Eric


Love this pic - Father and Daughter at the same time


Emma waving at the camera


Emma




I knew my brothers would be crazy going off the diving boards/platforms. It was fun to watch considering they are no longer spring chickens. And I was very impressed with all the kids. They were all so brave. I think everybody who was allowed to went down the extreme slides, even Ben who was technically a few inches too short couldn't stay away.
This really was a day that we will remember forever.
I sense a new tradition in the making.

6 comments:

Julie said...

confession time...I didn't go down the big slides. I conquered other demons by jumping off of the diving board...thanks for the motivation!! That was a fun day!

Eric said...

Lara, you did a good and fast job posting all this. That was fun to be with the whole family.

Danika said...

I've never heard of this place (I don't get up that way very often...)! We will be driving from SLC to Yellowstone in October. I just looked this place up online - we might just have to stop at the hot pools!

Cheryl said...

Confession time...I didn't jump off any diving boards, but I did go down the big yellow slide. (: And I ditto E & J, it was such a fun day!!!

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

Thanks for sharing your great pictures. Maybe next time I'll try the slides, or diving boards. I had fun with the little ones. Thanks to all of you for a wonderful week!!! I still get a little teary eyed that it's over.

Ange said...

Dang. I'm completely jealous :)