This weekend we had a blast camping with Grammie and Papa and Ryan and Cheryl and kids. Grammie and Papa got us a great spot at Curlew with lots of shade and our own little private dock. It really was heaven.
One cute little bonus we got at the camp was this sweet little mama bird and her babies. The daddy would also come and take turns watching over the babies. It really was a neat thing to witness.
We made great use out of Grammie and Papa's kayaks. This picture really sums up our trip... kayaking till the sun went down...
Ryan and Papa looking for deer. Like father, like son.Here is the video of Ben catching his first fish...
I am not sure that Eva would want me blogging about this but I just cannot resist. As we were sleeping in the middle of the night Lee and I awoke to what sounded like someone outside our tent. Then we noticed Eva was gone, not in our tent. We then heard someone coming into our tent. Because I was half asleep, I started to panic. I just knew that a man with a hatchet had taken Eva and was now coming for the rest of us. But no. It was just Eva. She had to go to the bathroom so she just took it upon herself to squat and go. Timid little Eva...in the darkest of nights...squatting...by herself...getting the job done without even waking anyone. I asked her in the morning why she didn't wake one of us and we could have taken her to the bathroom which was just 100 ft away. She said that she had to go so bad that she didn't think she would make it. I guess when you gotta go, you gotta go. Eva gets the courageous camper award.
Sadly, our fun filled trip ended on a gruesome note. Ben found those same sweet little baby birds that we all grew to love butchered at the base of the tree they called home.
Interestingly enough, even with the earwig escapades and the butchered birds, I cannot wait to go back. I am already longing for the
"no cares in the world" feeling I had while there.
Floating from one side of the lake to the other with my honey.
The constant laughter from the kids.
The endless supply of yummies.
The close sleeping quarters that only a tent can provide.
Witnessing the grand kids fishing with their Papa.
The security that anything I may have forgotten, my mom had in her magic trailer, much like Mary Poppins' bag.
Goodbye Curlew, aka Camp Earwig. Till next time...
Goodbye Curlew, aka Camp Earwig. Till next time...
8 comments:
Sounds like a blast! Great pictures!
Love it all, the canoeing, the fishing, the birds, the smores, okay maybe not the earwigs-totally disgusting!! We are going to Bear Lake in two weeks and you got me so excited looking at your pictures. I LOVE the cousin pic from tallest to shortest-so cute, I might have to copy that some day! So glad you had fun!!
Even with all the work that camping requires, it's simply the best to have family there together. Can't wait for next week when Eric and family arrive. More fun to come.
Sounds like a complete patch of heaven!
I just can't believe how RELAXING this trip looks. I commented on Cheryl's post as well about the fact that it looks like you guys had the lake to yourselves and how amazing the water and the dock and the sky looks. Wow, I want to go there!! So glad you had fun.
OOPS! That was me, LAURA, above :)
This looks like so much fun. Where is this lake? This is the kind of place that kids remember forever- earwigs and all.
Wow, what a fantastic trip for the whole family. I loved reading and seeing all of the exciting things that you did. Isn't it the best to just get away for a while and enjoy the beauty that nature offers?
Post a Comment